Thursday, April 17, 2014

Anyone want to swap school lunch ideas?




plastic


I'm making a list of foods that can be packed for school lunches this year. I realize there are so many more things I could pack but just skip my mind. I thought we could give each other ideas and help mom's of new school aged kids out.
So, what do your kids like?

A few of our faves:
Carrots,celery, broccoli with a side of low fat ranch dip
ham, cheese, lettuce and mayo sandwich
peanut butter and marshmallow cream sandwich
pb and nutella sandwich
large muffin
go-gurts
zip lock bag with chex mix and cashews
banana or apple or seedless grapes
turkey wraps
those individual tubs of applesauce or mixed fruit
strawberries with a little packet of splenda

What else? :)


LOL- about the mayo- I lay the sandwich on an ice pack.
I forgot we usually add soup, spagetti-o's or rice or corn , in those little soup thermos's.
In both of my daughters classes they have not had peanut allergies children in them, yet. They sit in the cafeteria by classes and we could always bring peanuts. I think one year- we couldn't bring walnuts. It's a very small school. :)



Answer
I would have loved to been able to have mayo on my sandwiches at school, but isnt it going to spoil in a lunch bag all day? Anyway that being said....

PB&J is a tried and true fav! Cheezits are good, you can pack apple slices with a piece of cheese on them (yum!) or PB on celery.
Oh I have found at walmart that there are applesauces that are different flavors like pear and strawberry.
Bags of cashews are good, but so are mixed nuts too
a bagel sandwich is a yummy variation on a sandwich.
fruit salad
regular salad (if your kids like that)
Hope that gives you a few ideas!


P.s I think swapping lunch ideas is a great and cute idea!



Edit: haha about the ice pack..I totally forgot about them, my parents never bought one so I just forget about them! :)

How do you keep it cold?




latora_kin


I want to pack my sons lunch for school,but how do they keep there lunch cool?Or you play it safe and pack things that can be kept at room temp? What do you put in your kids lunch by them only keeping in a locker I imagine that narrows the choice. Help me need some ideas!!


Answer
They make small lunch bag coolers with ice packs built into them and they are cheap money.

Or put an ice pack in it yourself.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-LEGO-Vertical-Lunch-Bag-Construction-Minifigure/14662369




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Anyone want to swap school lunch ideas?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment