Friday, April 18, 2014

Just for fun! Are you having anything good for lunch?




Dell


I'm 36 weeks pregnant a mother of two and still proud of myself when I manage to put together a healthy, nutritious lunch that my kids and I both enjoy.

Suppers are easy-meat, starch, vegetable... And I have all day to prepare and think about it.

Lunch on the other hand seems to sneak up on me. It always seems like I'm cleaning up breakfast and last night suppers dishes, sweeping or doing whatever chores need to get done- and BAM! it's 12:30 and my four year old is "staAarving" or my two year old is "ungry"... So I whip together some pb&j or make mac and cheese.

BUT once in a great while I manage to actually think about lunch and pull something good together. Today it was homemade vegetable soup with whole wheat grilled cheese sandwich. I just took a can of tomato juice and added some frozen veggies and pasta. I even finished it off with warm oatmeal raisin cookies and a glass of milk! YUMMO!

SO...
My question is- Are you having anything good for lunch today? Or have any good healthy lunch ideas?
emrod- Thank you for being perfect! I wish I could be just like you and had children who ate everything I cooked and loved nothing but healthy food!
Unfortunately I live in the real world and I'm sure you do too.



Answer
I had our leftover tomato soup - it was actually from a can, Wolfgang Pucks, tomato basil, and it was awesome. We call it Pizza Soup to the kids. And also a grilled cheese.

Both were leftovers from yesterday.

The other thing our kids are into now is soybeans. Edame (sp?) We get them in the shell, and they are fun to shoot out. And put just a little soy sauce on them.
We also do a lot of frozen mixed veggie bags, the archer farms brand from target. They have some with fun shapes, like carrots in balls, and mini corns.

Do you make your kids' school lunches the night before, or the day of?




Mozz


And why does the bread get like that?? It's wrapped in saran for crying out loud.


Answer
It depends on my mood. I prefer to do it at night so that I can sleep a few extra minutes in the morning, but usually by night time I am exhausted. I've probably done it 5 times at night this year and the rest in the mornings. I use sandwich bags and I haven't had a problem with the bread (I pack for my 5 year old and for my husband, so the husband would say something if it got weird).

I'd like to get something like Nina described so we can save money on bags. I think I'll go to Target this weekend :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Just for fun! Are you having anything good for lunch?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment