Sunday, June 22, 2014

As a school kid did you brown bag it for lunch, what was typically in the brown bag?

Q. When I was a kid they had school lunch, but the fee was 25 cents, so only the rich kids did that, the majority of us had a brown bag.


Answer
It was just me and my mom and money was beyond tight. At my grade school you could get a "free" lunch, but you had to work for it. After everyone else was through eating, all of us poor kids would stay in the cafeteria and wipe down the tables and sweep the floor. I don't think it hurt us at all to learn at an early age that there is "no such thing as a free lunch". I grew up not expecting anyone else to take care of me and understanding that I had to earn my own way.

Can you imagine the response this would cause?

what do kids think of school lunch?

Q. what do kids think about eating school lunch?


Answer
I used to like the school food until the new healthy eating program came in... Thanks Jamie Oliver!... And now I hate the school food! My school sells apple flavoured crisps, sounds great doesn't it?...

When the new healthy eating program came in I saw it as eat the school food, take a packed lunch or starve. I decided to take a packed lunch (when my school bag isn't too heavy) and starve. But now im allowed to leave my school, so I get food from shops. Some people used to leave the school at lunch which was against school rules to get something decent to eat.

Message to Jamie Oliver: You have created more problems:
- People leave the school site to get something to eat
- School's funds have decreased
- Some people don't eat proper meals or don't eat lunch, because of this disgusting food
- What about people who don't like vegetables, everything is for vegetarians / vegans

By the way im not against healthy eating. But not everything should be vegetables and fruit. People should have a choice of what they want to eat.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: As a school kid did you brown bag it for lunch, what was typically in the brown bag?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment