Monday, January 6, 2014

I'm a grad student and teacher. Where can I find a big professional looking bag?

lunch bag totes women on ... NEW COLEMAN WOMENS GIRLS QUILTED BLACK LUNCH TOTE INSULATED COOLER BAG
lunch bag totes women image



Clara


I'm having the hardest time finding a bag that isn't hideous and "sporty" and that's also big enough to carry what I need. I have to find a bag that can hold my 17" laptop and cord, my teaching binder and book, my lunch (bento box) and a coffee thermos, some file folders, a novel-sized book, and then my keys, wallet, phone, etc. In the past I carried around a big heavy backpack, a purse, and a lunch bag, and I am really looking for something that can make me feel like I've got it much more together!

I'm willing to go up to about 250 for a really good bag (but if you've got much cheaper suggestions, I'm all ears!)

Important to me: Professional / sleek looking (maybe leather or with accents, but definitely no windbreaker material). It can be a backpack or messenger bag (I think I'd prefer the latter, because I wear a lot of dresses and the last backpack I had just loved to hike my skirts up) but should not be painful to lug around, because is it really any wonder that I get back pain? Padding and weight distribution go a long way!



Answer
I had problems finding a really sleek looking backpack that did not have a lot of hideous young patterns and made with the typical cordura backpack material for messenger bags. The sleek and professional looking messenger bags were mainly too small to be able haul all of your things. So, I suggest maybe a tote bag:

Filson:
http://www.filson.com/products/passage-women-s-business-tote.73036.html?fromCat=true&fvalsProduct=luggage/briefcases&fmetaProduct=1019

Women's Laptop Bag/Briefcase w/removable purse?




Estelle


I'm looking for a professional looking laptop bag/briefcase that will hold my 13" laptop as well as a few files or papers that has a removable or zip-off purse. Some bags have interior organizing pockets (e.g., with credit card slots), but I want to be able to take just the purse items easily without having to lug the whole bag out to lunch.


Answer
This was a tough one. I found these:

HSN:
http://shoes-handbags.hsn.com/pixie-croco-embossed-weekender-tote-by-gina-b_p-3702934_xp.aspx?webm_id=0&web_id=3702934&sf=so&dept=so0012&cat=so0033&ocm=so|so0012|so0033&prev=hp!sf!dept!cat&ccm=so|so0012|so0033
http://home-solutions.hsn.com/signature-suede-everyday-tote-with-clutch-by-coakley_p-3959793_xp.aspx?webm_id=0&web_id=3959793&sf=hw&dept=hw0063&cat=hw0069&ocm=HW|hw0063|hw0069&prev=hp!sf!dept!cat&ccm=HW|hw0063|hw0069

Daytimer:
http://bags-totes.daytimer.com/more_prod_info-test.asp?shopperid=E74696C2C3574876850523ED7084FAD7&aid=False&wu=0&keycode=&line=&cid=10&Origin=&solution_nmbr=4145

eBags:
http://www.ebags.com/urban_junket/judith/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=114959




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I'm a grad student and teacher. Where can I find a big professional looking bag?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment