Sunday, May 4, 2014

Any lunch ideas for brown bag?




plastic


My middle schooler wants to be able to just toss the brown bag and all in the trash after lunch (at school) so that she doesn't have to carry a lunch box around for 30 minutes after wards.

Most of the things I normally pack for the kids require a thermos or an ice pack.

Any suggestions for things I can pack that will keep without a thermos or ice pack, for 5 hours?
I know things like carrot sticks and grapes would be good. I'm trying to steer clear from everything in her lunch being prepackaged and loaded with carbs. thx.



Answer
You can always freeze the grapes or the bottle of water that she can use as an ice pack. They should be thawing by the time lunch comes around. Then you can tuck whatever in the lunch that she'd want to stay cold.

HELP: What to pack for lunches?




Momto2inFL


My son is 2 yrs old and I have to pack his lunch for daycare every day. I already wake up at 5 am to do so and sometimes I make things or buy things for convenience. Problem is that I really could use a little change up in what I pack for my little man.

I typically always put in fresh fruit. Apples, bananas, strawberries. Usually throw in some crackers with cheese. Maybe some PB&J sandwiches or the Uncrustables. I just discovered the Lunchable Jr.'s which are perfect for him. But I need more variety....

Do you have any suggestions of very simple things I can pack for his lunches? I feel like I'm being boring with his meals.

Also, they do NOT heat up foods for him. So if I pack something hot, it needs to be in some kind of container or thermos. Which I'd need to go purchase too!

Thank you for your help! It's VERY much appreciated!
I'm having trouble with him taking to veggies. I've tried carrots with dressing and he was iffy about it. I've done regular green beans and he's eaten those. Cucumbers are worth a shot. I love them, maybe he will too. :)



Answer
You could open up a can of carrots /green beans/Lima beans/vegetable medley or any other canned fruit or vegetable and dump some of it into small ziplock bags. These foods do not have to be warmed up since kids do not mind eating room temp green beans and such. Throw a zip lock bag into his lunch every day and the teachers can just pour it onto his plate and throw the bag away. You won't have any dishes to wash AND he'll be getting his fruits and veggies.
Chicken nuggets are another food that kids will eat at room temp or cold. If you defrost them in the morning and pack them with an ice pack, they will not be a 'food danger' because they stayed cold all morning. Since they are already cooked when you buy them, it's not raw meat.
Cheese sticks are a great thing to pack in lunches too. Lots od calcium and what kid doesn't like cheese?




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Any lunch ideas for brown bag?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment