Thursday, March 6, 2014

Brown bag lunch for 17 month old boy?




jodes


I send my son to daycare full time and I need new lunch ideas....He has been loving mac & cheese and chicken fingers, fruit cups and applesauce, cheese and crackers...Im looking for new ideas. I tried quesadillas and he didnt like them at first try- I'll probably try again with that one....but I need a few new ideas, stuff I can just throw together for him every morning...any ideas? He's a big eater :)
I send him to daycare but they charge $2 per day additional to provide food...so it's cheaper for me to send him with a lunch :)



Answer
Yogurt, Fruit, Veggies, Crackers, Dip (for veggies/crackers), Cheese (different kinds), Sandwich's (Ham & Cheese, Turkey, Chicken, Different Kinds/Colors of Bread, etc.), Wraps, Pasta Salad, Pasta, and Soup to name a few. Use different kinds/colors of bread in your sandwich's to keep it interesting. You can even cut them in special shapes to change it up. Make a wrap sandwich, put toothpicks through every so often, cut and make little pinwheels out of it.

Parents website has great recipes and they even send you an email weekly with new lunch ideas. I love it, keeps things interesting and I have gotten some fabulous ideas: http://www.parents.com/kids/nutrition/lunch/healthy-school-lunches-snacks/ . Sign up or just browse their Food & Recipe section.

If you really want to get crazy you can use cookie cutter shapes to either keep the old interesting or the new more exciting. Things like different kinds of cheese, veggies and fruit look real neat in different shapes. They do it a lot with the Bento Boxes. You can check out some of the crazy things this lady does: http://www.flickr.com/photos/30578157@N07/

*EDIT* I forgot to add this recipe. Absolutely love it and it goes great with crackers (especially ritz crackers). You can use it with veggies as well. Such a yummy dip and it keeps well in lunches. It's one of my kids favorites.
http://www.knorr.ca/en/RecipesView.aspx?ENCcmlkPTMyNTQ=

8 year old boy lunch?




ayy bay ba


I have to make my brothers lunch for tomorrow (yeah, long story..) and anyway, he is eight years old. I asked him what he wanted but he just said "surprise me." What do you think is something he would like? Oh yeah, and also he's not eating it at home, its for his lunch box to bring to school.
Thanks â¥â¥



Answer
Apple

peanut butter and jelly OR meat sandwhich (turkey/ham/balony)

a little snack like i cookie or chocolate bar or summy bears.

a bag of chips. DEFIANTLY!!

juice box.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Brown bag lunch for 17 month old boy?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment