Sunday, March 23, 2014

Peanut-butter dieting question?




Chloe


Every morning for breakfast, I have a toasted whole wheat english muffin with chunky peanut butter and jelly. However, I'm looking to lose weight. Would switching to a diet peanut butter (you know, the kind with low fat and a lower number of calories) and using bananas instead of jelly to sweeten it be a good way to cut some calories out of my day? Or should I just find a new thing to eat for breakfast?

Additionally, what else can I do to increase weight loss? I usually eat some pistachios or trail mix (whole wheat chex, sesame sticks and raisins) for lunch sometimes paired with fruit (usually melon or strawberries); and dinner usually consists of some kind of starch, a few servings of different kinds of vegetables, and salad (I'm a vegetarian). I run for about 15-30 minutes a day, and usually do some kinds of light anaerobic exercises (like yoga, crunches, etc.) I'm about 5'3" and around 116 pounds. I'm looking to lose be-tween five-ten pounds.

Thank you very much :)



Answer
Seems like a high % carbohydrate meals. I'd probably axe the breakfast bagel all together. Jelly/Banana both are high sugar - and obviously the bread which it's on. Perhaps if your vegetarianism allows scrambled egg whites - as a better alternative. Or if that isn't cool, peanutbutter celery sticks (but try using the naturally seperated peanut butter).

Trail mix is hit or miss. I'd check the packaging for calorie content and sugar content. You'd be better off eating something like a bag of carrots.

Your lunch is a bit meager - but I won't gripe on it too hard. Especially because I love raisins.

Your dinner seems fine too. But try to keep the starch-portion small. By lowering your sugar/carb intake you'll put your body in a state of ketosis which will help you burn off fat instead of relying on sugar to fuel your body. You'll know when you're in ketosis because you'll be hungry more often, and eating (non carbs won't fill you up rigt away. You'll be more likely to be less hungry an hour or two after you eat something). This will be the beginning of weight loss. Keep up that cycle for a few weeks/months and the lbs will melt away (as long as you keep your activity level high).

Best of luck!

Period questions? Help please?




SpEnCeR Ro


Hi. I'm 13. I got my period today and so right now I have a bunch of questions (answer as many as you can!)
1) My flow is very heavy so far, is that normal?
2) Is the blood suppose to be brown??????
3) Can you just tell me how to say "clean" at night from blood, because I'm wearing a night pad but I feel like blood all over and I can't sleep and its sooooo uncomfortable!
1. Do I need to change my pad at all at night?
2. I wake up alot during the night, so will i have to change pads then?
4) Where are good places to hide pads at school?
5) How many times should I change my pad during the day?
1. When should I change my pad at school, like at 10:30, after lunch, before, ect
6) Do I need to change into a new pad when I get home from school?
7) I play volley ball, and I'm not aloud to wear tampons yet, so will I be ok with just pads?
8) Help about sleepovers??? What to do there at night?!?
9) During those 28 days of not bleeding, do I need to wear a pad??



Answer
1) your flow can be anywhere from really light to really heavy your first time
2) It can be pink, red or brown. All are normal
3)I have no idea you can try sleeping in different positions i guess
4) In your nap sac or a cosmetics bag, for closes up your sleeve or in your shoe are also good places
5) Around 4-5 on average, but it can be more or less
6) Only if the pad you are wearing is almost done with but if you just changed it it is better not to
7) Yes, i would recommend slender pads (like u by kotex tween or always ultra thin slenders) another good one is the always infinity
8) The same thing as in your own home, change it before bed and when you wake up, dont flush anything down the toilet and wrap it in toilet paper or tissues when you are done with it
9)No, but you can wear a panty liner because when you first get your period it may be irregular so just to make sure wear a panty liner ( good ones are the u by kotex barely there and always thin liners)
Glad to help!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Peanut-butter dieting question?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment