Saturday, March 29, 2014

Anyone want to swap school lunch ideas?




plastic


I'm making a list of foods that can be packed for school lunches this year. I realize there are so many more things I could pack but just skip my mind. I thought we could give each other ideas and help mom's of new school aged kids out.
So, what do your kids like?

A few of our faves:
Carrots,celery, broccoli with a side of low fat ranch dip
ham, cheese, lettuce and mayo sandwich
peanut butter and marshmallow cream sandwich
pb and nutella sandwich
large muffin
go-gurts
zip lock bag with chex mix and cashews
banana or apple or seedless grapes
turkey wraps
those individual tubs of applesauce or mixed fruit
strawberries with a little packet of splenda

What else? :)


LOL- about the mayo- I lay the sandwich on an ice pack.
I forgot we usually add soup, spagetti-o's or rice or corn , in those little soup thermos's.
In both of my daughters classes they have not had peanut allergies children in them, yet. They sit in the cafeteria by classes and we could always bring peanuts. I think one year- we couldn't bring walnuts. It's a very small school. :)



Answer
I would have loved to been able to have mayo on my sandwiches at school, but isnt it going to spoil in a lunch bag all day? Anyway that being said....

PB&J is a tried and true fav! Cheezits are good, you can pack apple slices with a piece of cheese on them (yum!) or PB on celery.
Oh I have found at walmart that there are applesauces that are different flavors like pear and strawberry.
Bags of cashews are good, but so are mixed nuts too
a bagel sandwich is a yummy variation on a sandwich.
fruit salad
regular salad (if your kids like that)
Hope that gives you a few ideas!


P.s I think swapping lunch ideas is a great and cute idea!



Edit: haha about the ice pack..I totally forgot about them, my parents never bought one so I just forget about them! :)

what do i pack for lunch and snack?




Roxy


my son is starting kindergaten tommorrow nd got a lil note from teacher saying that he needs a lunch and a snack and was wondering what do i pack for the lunch and what do i pack for the snack? and do i put the lunch and snack in his lunchbox? this is my first child thats going to school and i have no idea what to pack. and do i need to bring anything with me when i go to the school? and also teacher wants him to bring a picture of him to be left at school and a change of clothes to be left at left and i was just wondering if anyone knows why? please answer. thanks


Answer
Lunch: I'm assuming you already have a lunchbox. If not, you can pick one up at Walmart or Target. Pack him a sandwich, fruit, drink, and dessert. For example, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (if his school allows them) or a turkey and cheese sandwich, an apple, orange, pear, or banana, and 2 Oreos for dessert. A bottle of water for a drink. Pack this all in a lunch box, or if there isn't room, pack the snack in a brown paper bag with his name on it.

Snack: The snack should be fairly healthy, because junk food will not fill him up. Trail mix, carrot sticks and hummus, or apple slices with a side of peanut butter will do the trick. You could also pack a healthy snack and a small bag of something like Goldfish so he has two snacks, just in case he's extra hungry or if he wants to eat one during the drive home something.

No I don't think you need to bring anything with you...just make sure he has everything the teacher asked for.

Picture: It's probably to paste on his locker. Just print one out from the computer (iPhoto) or if you don't have that, a normal picture should be fine. Just make sure you have doubles, because you might not get the one you send to school with him back, or it might be damaged or torn.

Change of clothes: The change of clothes is just in case the child spills something on themselves, rips the clothes, etc., and kids that age do it all the time. It's also in case the child has an accident...when my eldest was in kindergarten he had an accident one morning, and I'm sure he's glad there was a change of clothes in his locker! The change of clothes should be something that can work for most weather conditions...like jeans, a T-shirt, and a sweatshirt.

Good luck :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Anyone want to swap school lunch ideas?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment