Saturday, August 3, 2013

Does anyone know where I can find free christian thanksgiving plays for kids/ teenagers?

kids lunch bags with horses on saddle bag next product previous product weaver insulated saddle bag
kids lunch bags with horses image
Q. I need a play/ skit for our Thanksgiving program. If anyone have any great ideas where I can find them, please let me know. Thanks!

By the way I already have "Squanto'sThanksgiving".


Answer
How about The Ugly Turkey (a short play)

SETUP

This play can be shortened or lengthened to suit the needs and skill levels of the children participating. Props can be simple puppets made from lunch bags or more complex marionettes. Use a large cardboard box for the backdrop. Paint, or draw with crayons, rolling hills, trees, a farm house and fence.

SCRIPT

Narrator: There were once five turkeys, all born on the same day, but one turkey was not quite like the others.

Turkey #1: "Isn't it a beautiful morning? It is GREAT to be a Turkey today!"

Turkey #2: (Strutting around) "I am so proud to be a Turkey, don't you think we are beautiful?"

Turkey #3: "I think we are the most handsome creatures on earth!"

Turkey #4: "The four of us are definitely gorgeous to behold, but what happened to you (speaking to the Ugly Turkey)? You do not look like the rest of us, you are not as beautiful as we are."

The Ugly Turkey: "It is true I do not look like you, but won't you be my friend anyway? Are looks all that is important? I am a good friend, a good listener, and I would help any of you if you were in need."

Turkey #1: "Honestly, I don't think I want to be friends with someone who is so different from myself."

Turkey #2: "Yeah, you aren't cool like the rest of us."

Turkey #3: "We don't want to play with you."

Turkey #4: "Go away."

The Ugly Turkey: "I am sad that you will not be my friend. I will go away, surely there is someone who will like me for who I am and not what I look like."

Narrator: So The Ugly Turkey turned and walked away. He wandered over the hill and through the trees and the four Turkeys thought nothing of it. As time passed the four Turkeys grew bigger and fatter! They grew and grew until they were so round they could hardly walk. They were not quite so cute as they were when they were little. When the farmers grandchildren came to visit they would stop to look at the horses, the cows, the puppies and kittens. They would giggle as the ducks waddled by and squeal with delight as the sheep scampered over the hills, but when they saw the Turkeys they just kept walking, some even looked a bit scared. Then one day a strange animal showed up on the farm.

Turkey #1: "Who's that strange bird over there on the hill, does anyone know?"

Turkey #2: "He's beautiful isn't he? Look at his tail feathers, they're rich in color and intricately patterned."

Turkey #3: "Did you see the plume atop his head, like a crown of glory? He stands tall and perfectly trim."

Turkey #4: "Do you think he will want to be our friend, we are not near so grand as he is?"

Turkey #2: "Let's go introduce ourselves and see if he will join us."

Narrator: As the four Turkeys approached the beautiful bird on the hill they noticed that the bird looked familiar.

Turkey #1: "Hello. We were wondering if you would like to join us? You are so beautiful we would be honored to have you for a friend."

The Ugly Turkey: "Do I not look familiar to you? Once I tried to be your friend but you all rejected me saying I was ugly and different."

Turkey #3: "I remember. That was so long ago. You are definitely not ugly now! You are the most magnificent bird on this farm."

Turkey #4: (With head hung low) "If you do not want to be our friend we understand, we are not nearly so grand as we thought we once were."

(The four Turkeys turn to walk away)

Turkey #5: "We do not want to embarrass you, we will go away."

The Ugly Turkey: "Please don't go. Have you not learned anything while I was away? It is not what you look like on the outside that matters but what you are on the inside that is important. I would be happy to be your friend."

Narrator: So the four Turkeys and the Peacock took a stroll over the hill and through the trees. They were often all seen together strolling about. When the farmers grandchildren would visit they would often stop by the five birds, talking excitedly. The four Turkeys knew that that the children were looking at the beautiful Peacock, but it didn't matter. It didn't matter because they were all friends and they were all equal.

(All participants say, "THE END" in unison and take a bow)

What techniques do you use in the morning to get the kids ready for school?




Pixie


Every morning seems to be a mad rush around this house, any tips you might have on streamlining this chaotic time will be much appreciated. Dressing, lunches, backpacks, breakfast, homework, grooming etc. Please help! I am one desperate mom!


Answer
It depends on your kids. I am 13 so i'm a teenager. I don't know if all teens feel this way but as a teenager I like to either fail or succeed on my own. I know that so isn't what you wanted to hear and it drives my mum mad too. and I think alot of teens me included just want to feel like an individual, more independant we just want to see how far we can get on our own without the help of parents. I know what your thinking, thirteen's far to young to be testing those boundaries. But if you do have a young teenager give them a chance. They'll either surprise you or run back to you begging you to help them organize themselves in the morning again and admitting hole-heartedly that they still need your help. If there failing but they still insist upon doing it all themselves... well... sink or swim I suppose. Teens can sometimes be stubbourn. Kids 15 years and older need to be given the opportunity to get out of the house on there own because in a few more years they will be living on there own or will be driving themselves to school and university. So they of coarse need to know how to get out of the house on time. Children until they reach about ten will respond to a simple reward system. If they can make to the end of the week without stressing you out too much reward them with money. Or maybe after about a month you could get them take out food. But don't try this with younger kids because a monh won't make sense to them and if it does it will probably just mean a really, really, really long time. Make sure you do a chart for them to loom at. But keep it out of there reach so they can't change it as my siblings and I used to do so very often.10, 11, and 12 year olds vary a bit, I'd start treating them as teens about the time it becaomes aparent they want to be treated like adults. For me I started noticing girls towards the end of grade 5 but I only started wanting to feel more indipendent when I wasa about 12. I know that is young but theres no guarenetee your kids will start puberty that young. Infact some don't even start until after highschool (rare). But before they reach puberty just treat them like kids and keep them going on the chart system. Just remember you can put more on that chart system then just getting ready for school on time. My Mum is quite lenient. All she wants us to do is put our dirty cloths in the laundry unpack our lunch boxes in the afternoon and pack our bags in the morning. In our house every friday night we have pizza and soft-drink. So she threatened to take these things away if we couldn't do the jobs she wanted us to, it worked very well. Remember it is far more effective to take away priviledges then to add them. Because the privlidges you already have yove gotten used to. For example lets say maybe cars were never invented you wouldn't exacltly jump at the idea of getting one because you've already got your horse to ride around on. Cars would seem like an unneccissary luxury. But If you had your car taken away now thats a different story! Sorry about the lenghth but we children are very diverse and complicated. This technique may not even work on your kids the same way it did with us but even if it doesn't don't be afaraid to spread it around because it certainly worked on us!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Does anyone know where I can find free christian thanksgiving plays for kids/ teenagers?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment