Monday, September 9, 2013

Anyones child allergic to nuts?

boys lunch bags uk on Kipling lunch box (Kipling.com, �50)
boys lunch bags uk image



dillenger


What do you do for your children that are allergic to peanuts, peanutbutter, etc ? My son is 3 and had a severe allergic reaction that required hospitalization yesterday. We have an epi pen and have no nuts in our house but he was with his grandparents who should have watched him better. I almost lost my little boy yesterday any ideas, treatments anything is welcomed. thanks in advance.
so madaline belinda what did you and your parents do when you were a child to see that you never accidently got any?
thanks katz...good idea and we always read labels and are super concious about it. he can eat soy but he cannot eat peas, filberts, chestnuts, coconuts anything like that will do him in. oh and tell your daughters friend to stay away from chinese food...a little 12 year old girl died from eating a egg roll that contained waterchestnuts in a nearby town...tragic
thanks rose
thanks moe



Answer
My son is on a nut-free diet, and is 4 years old. Options are wonderfully many these days, and due to medical issues worldwide, it is regulated (in Canada, US, UK) to list all potential allergens on the ingredients labels.

1. Only buy things that are not potentially cross-contaminated with peanuts.

2. This includes soaps and lotions, et al.

3. Instead of Peanut Butter:
o Soya Butter (yum!)
o Almond Butter (very popular choice)
o Cashew Butter
o Hazelnut Butter
o NO NOT USE NUTELLA. It is made with Peanut OIL.

4. Instead of Peanuts:
o Soya Nuts!
o Peas (only if the allergy is not linked ot peas. Peanuts and Peas have a cross-over.)

5. Simple lunches and simple dinners:

o Pure foods. (1) fruit (1) milk of soy milk (1) veggie and (1) protein

A. Lunch

6 oz Soy Yogurt -7 g protein
6 oz. chocolate soy drink - 7 g protein
(1) small apple bag of slices - 3 g protein, carbs
(1) small bag of crackers or crisps (carbs)
1/4 cup of carrot sticks

variations: add a peanut free dip in a tiny cup to dip veggies or crisps. Add a baggie of fruit snacks.

B. Dinner:

o 4 oz. hamburger patty or hamburger )9 g protein)
o 6 oz. soy milk (7 g protein)
o 1/2 cup broccolli with butter
o fruit tart or slice of pie

Snacks:

Healthy, non-peanut snacks include fruit snacks, fruit leathers, fruit slices, soy nuts, gluten-free/peanut free cookies

Did you do say anything extremely funny yet stupid today?




Katrocious


Lol, today at lunch we were talking about dogs and one of my guy friends said, "one time my dog had her period all over my bed." We were all like "eew!!!" Then I said, "That happened to Carrie (my friend, who isn't in our lunch) when she came over." (I meant that my dog had her period on her blanket and stuff.) Then there was an awkward silence and i got a lot of weird looks, so I said "She was in heat." Just now, 7 hours later, I realized that they must have thought that i meant Carrie had bled all over! I never really specified that it was my dog. Lol, i crack myself up! This guy who'se got a crush on her and was also sitting at the table will never think of her the same way again. Haha, i hope she never hears about this.


Answer
I very rarely ever write "lol" but your question literally did make me LAUGH OUT LOUD. Oh my goodness, that's priceless.

Yes, I did indeed inadvertently do something stupid today. We're allowed to dress casually on Fridays, and so I wore a new pair of yoga pants that were a bit too big, not realizing that they'd stretch out throughout the day and start to slip down. My friend lent me a scarf to tie around my waist to help keep them up, and I thought I'd be fine. During lunch I was walking across the quad and noticed a lot of people gaping at me. Not laughing or pointing, just OO staring, and that's when I realized that the friction of my bag against the scarf had made it fall off and that my pants were hanging down below my hips. Everyone could see everything. On the upside, I was wearing a pair of really adorable Paul Frank underpants with "You're Rad" printed on the back so the entire school now knows they're rad. : ) I'm a senior and we're a chilled-out group, so everyone was actually really, really funny and sweet about it, and I'm not that embarrassed.

I can sort of relate to your mishap. One of my cousins from the UK was visiting us a few years ago when my school was having an art day, and she came with. This obnoxious boy who'd been following her around and bugging her half the day grabbed her sketch pad and started taunting her by holding it over his head and refusing to give it back until she was so exasperated she shouted out "GIVE ME BACK MY BLOODY PAD!" so loud everyone stopped what they were doing and swiveled their head around and stared at her in stunned silence. In the UK "bloody" is just a swear wear and doesn't literally mean bloody, but of course that's not the meaning everyone initially thought of it that context. He was so embarrassed he dropped the pad and left her alone the rest of the day.

~ Pax / Peace : )




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Anyones child allergic to nuts?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment