Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Can I bring canned tuna and rice on on airplane? I'd put it in my checked in luggage.?

insulated lunch bag built on Sachi Insulated Lunch Bags | Insulated Lunch Bag | Insulated Lunch Bag
insulated lunch bag built image



=)





Answer
The TSA website states that you can carry on:
Beverages brought from home or purchased before reaching the security checkpoint in a 3 oz. or smaller container and in your quart-size, zip-top plastic bag.
Canned or jarred goods such as soup, sauces, peanut butter, fruits, vegetables and jellies - 3 oz. or smaller
Cheese in pressurized containers, Jell-O's, pudding, whipping cream, yogurt or gel like food substances - 3 oz. or smaller

Three ounces for liquids and soft foods? That's about the size of a spice jar, so we're really going to have to get creative here. Since sharp objects are verboten, that means that knives and forks are out, so any foods we pack will have to be finger foods.
We're considering packing up our Mr. Bento lunch jar (and remembering to leave the spork at home) with goodies such as:
Dried heirloom tomatoes from the Ferry Building farmer's market
Nuts
Yummy sandwich
Sliced jicama with fresh lime wedge
Cooked rice and grilled skinless chicken
Celery and carrot sticks with 3 oz. of hummus
Applesauce - 3 oz. of course.

What about you? What do you like to carry on the plane for sustenance during long trips?
Whatever you pack, remember your fellow passengers and don't pack foods that have a strong odor, so leave the durian and kimchee at home. If you are too busy to pack up a meal, consider ordering a made-to-order, TSA-approved meal from SkyMeals. They'll meet you at your home, office, or the airport and hand you an insulated tote bag with a healthy meal. One warning, though - they are really expensive.

I need some advice picking a lunch box.?




Lauren :)


I recently decided to make the switch from vegetarian to vegan (no mean comments on that please). However, I realize that this means my choices of food will be limited when I'm eating on the go, which I do often. I need suggestions on an animal-friendly lunch bag that I can take with me. Preferably something cute that's not to "lunch-boxy", please.
I'm willing to spend the money, since I know I'll be using it a lot, but obviously the lowest possible price would be best. I also need advice on some sort of ice pack to keep the food cold.

Basically what I'm looking for is this:
-a lunch box
-a small reusable water bottle that will fit in the lunch box
-a set of reusable utensils

I was looking at this one: http://www.reusablebags.com/store/built%C2%AE-gourmet-getaway-large-insulated-lunch-tote-french-bull-series-p-1633.html

Thanks so much for all of your help! If you need any more info, just ask. :)



Answer
That's funny, I was going to suggest exactly what you linked to. :) I don't have one, but a couple of my co-workers do. They come in soooo many different colors/patterns. I prefer old school metal character lunch boxes (I collect them). and kawaii bento boxes, myself, but I guess they're too "lunch-boxy" for your taste. :) For utensils, google "bento utensil set" or "camping utensil set", etc. With bento sets, it's usually a fork, spoon, knife, and collapsible chopsticks that fit neatly in a small container. Camping sets are the same, minus the chopsticks. I keep a set in my locker at work. You could also just buy a knife, spoon & fork at a dollar store & make your own little carrier for them out of felt or something.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I bring canned tuna and rice on on airplane? I'd put it in my checked in luggage.?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment