Wednesday, November 6, 2013

I don't want to eat the school food, so what can I bring for lunch?

lunch bags for nurses on Nurse Preceptor Bags & Totes | Personalized Nurse Preceptor Bags ...
lunch bags for nurses image






I don't like cafeteria food, so what are some good homemade recipies for lunch you put put in a paper bag and bring to school? I'm kinda tired of the old turkey sandwitch and box juice thing,so what else can I eat?
-adding that I don't eat red meat or pork.^_^



Answer
-veggie "pinwheels"

take 1 large tortilla. spread cream cheese (or hummus works good too) on it and add cucumbers, ham, and cheese (my daughters like provolone). roll tortilla up and slice into little 1" circles.

-ritz crackers and chicken/tuna salad

-chinese noodle salad

1 pack of ramen noodles (uncooked and no seasoning)
coleslaw (the prepackaged kind)
diced turkey or chicken (optional)
sesame or sunflower seeds
soy sauce
sugar (optional)
olive oil (about 1-2 tbsp)

mix together desired amount of coleslaw, olive oil, soy sauce and meat. once well coated crush up ramen noodles and add to mixture along with the seeds and some sugar if you'd like a sweet kick. I ate this alot for lunch when I was in nursing school-it was good!!

-cottage cheese and fruit

-peanut butter and banana sandwich (or peanut butter and apple sandwich)

-make "tea" sandwiches.

ham,cheese,cream cheese spread, and cranberries

salads:

-asian salad (like applebee's oriental chicken salad-my fav)

romaine lettuce
red cabbage
green cabbage
carrots (julienned)
chopped green onion
sliced almonds
chow mein noodles
chicken diced

toss all together and add this dressing:

3tbsp honey
1.5 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1/4c mayo
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/8 tsp sesame oil (can use canola or olive too)

for drinks-avoid soda at all costs-it's not good for you. my girls like to take bottled water with those crystal light mix-ins. or water w/fresh lemon slices (and a little grated ginger for zip) is great too.

hope this helps-if you want more ideas-just send me an email (i have 3 picky girls who I refuse to pay for hot lunches too b/c I can't monitor how much they eat that way.plus 2 of them have food allergies)

How to keep a soda cold?




Bronson


I'm planning on bringing a pop can to school tomorrow for lunch. I leave at 7 and eat at around 11:00. I want to bring a can of pop and keep it somewhat cold until lunch.

Are there any ways to do this without an insulated lunchbox or icy-hot bag? I know I have one and I could find one if I tried, but that's last resort, please.



Answer
Never Freeze a cola. The carbonated water will become carbolic acid. this by itself doesn't hurt and isn't poisonous, but it will react with the sweetener and become bitter beyond belief!

Three things:

1) if U can get some ice from somewhere (school kitchen, nurse) just bring a cup too.

2) if not the can, Ice packed in a ziplock bag wrapped in a towel, has the best chance.

3) find your Thermal bag.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I don't want to eat the school food, so what can I bring for lunch?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment