Saturday, January 11, 2014

How does one transport lunch to school and still be totally cool ?

insulated lunch bag backpack on ToysRUs Owl Backpack with Matching Insulated Lunch Bag Tote Box | eBay
insulated lunch bag backpack image



DK


My 5th grade, 10 yo son doesn't want to take his lunch box to school in fear of looking like a nerd. The lunch box is plain, no charactures. How else can he transport the lunch and still be totally cool ?


Answer
What are the other 5th graders using? My 5th and 6th graders still use lunch boxes, but so do their classmates. When we can't find our lunchboxes, we use brown paper lunch bags (though they are kind of small if you want to send a bev. and tend to break if you have an apple or other large fruit), or plastic grocery sacks. The downside of these options is the fruit bruises and the lunch gets warm, maybe even dangerously warm. String cheese and go-gurts can be frozen, and this helps to keep the lunch cooler. Or put the lunch in a paper bag inside the insulated lunchbag in his backpack. At lunchtime, voila! His lunch is cool and he is too!

What is the best commuter bag for a male in his 30's commuting to a professional job?




Tony


Obviously, the messenger bags are popular, but how practical are they? I will be carrying a change of shoes, a planner, my lunch, etc.. I think the plan is to possibly leave a more professional looking bag in the office for meetings and such. Are most commuters using more practical packs to get to the office? I'm new to the train/city culture!


Answer
I work in Downtown Honolulu, so there are lots of bankers and lawyers. Many carry leather or high quality nylon messenger bags. Some carry duffle bags or backpacks. Really, I would worry more about how the items you want to carry fit than what it looks like. You're probably not going to take that bag to meetings anyway; it's just for commuting.

The messenger bag will hold the things you're talking about, but the bag will look full, stuffed. A backpack is good because it's usually a larger size in width and height. It won't bulge as much as the messenger bag, which is usually not very wide. Duffles are good, like the backpack, but because they hang lower if you have a lot of stuff, it might make your shoulder sore.

I'd go with the backpack. The one I use has an insulated section on the bottom for my lunch and the top portion is like a regular backpack. Really convenient so that I don't have to carry my purse and lunch box separately from the backpack.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How does one transport lunch to school and still be totally cool ?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment