Saturday, January 11, 2014

I spilled wax on a rug, and tried removing it with a warm iron over brown paper, but spots remain, any ideas?

lunch bags for professionals on ... Public Library: Brown Bag Lunch: Cherokee Genealogy Research
lunch bags for professionals image



Karen M


I tipped over a tart warmer on my living room carpet and spilled quite a bit of hot wax. I tried the method of running a warm iron over a brown paper lunch bag coving the spots and it did help a bit, but it didn't remove all the wax, and you can still see the spots.


Answer
REMOVE WAX FROM CARPETING


Place a paper towel over the stain and draw the wax up into it by placing a warm iron over the paper towel (this is called "capillary action"); repeat if necessary. Sponge the stained area with 1 c. isopropyl alcohol and 2-3 c. water if the stain remains. Sponge from the outside to the inside of the stain. Be very sure not to get the area too wet or you can bring up a stain from the padding.

If you tried using soap before this technique or anytime you've used soap to clean a carpet, be sure to use a diluted solution of vinegar and water to thoroughly blot the soap out of the carpet. If you don't remove all the soap, dirt will be attracted to the stain like a magnet, making things all the worse.

Good luck. Remember if all else fails, call a professional carpet cleaner. They have special solvents to remove wax.

How can I "brown bag" a lunch in a professional office?




~ Jamie ~


To save money, I'd like to pack a lunch and bring snacks with me to my job. Years ago, I would just throw food into a plastic grocery bag. I have a higher level position now, and don't want to bring anything tacky. The brown paper "lunch" bags are not large enough. How does everyone else bring their lunches? Is there a streamlined, insulated bag that is plain and professional looking?


Answer
I've seen a lot of women put lunch, drinks, snacks, etc in gift bags and take it to work.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I spilled wax on a rug, and tried removing it with a warm iron over brown paper, but spots remain, any ideas?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment