Friday, October 11, 2013

How to keep a salad fresh for lunch without a refrigerator?

putting insulated lunch bags refrigerator on ... lunch / _____ ORE Original Lunch Bags  Insulated, no PVs
putting insulated lunch bags refrigerator image



Jenny


I want to start taking salads to work for lunch but there aren't any refrigerators to put my food in. How would I be able to keep a salad fresh?


Answer
blue ice jel packs!! I use these a lot, and keep twice as many as I need in the freezer.

Pack your salad with dressing on bottom in quart canning jars, keep in fridge and grab as needed.

slip them and the gel packs into insulated bags and go!

What are some healthy foods I can make for lunch that don't need refrigeration?

Q. I have just started a new job, and my office does not have a refrigerator in it, but it does have a microwave. What can I make for lunch that is healthy and doesn't need to be refrigerated?


Answer
Health Choice makes these unrefrigerated "meals" that you just add hot water (or microwave - either one). My daughter eats them in dorms and says some of them are pretty good. They are in the pasta isle usually. Then, there are goes cans of tuna / chicken salad and they don't need refrigeration. Also, believe it or not - and not sure how they taste - there's that unrefrigerated milk like they sell in Starbucks so there's some milk if you want it to make like cream soup. Oh, and those "Soup at Hands" are pretty good.

You could always go out and but an insulated lunch bag and put some of that blue ice in it. Pretend you're a construction worker - ha ha....sorry I am a construction worker so I shouldn't laugh!

Well, good luck - I'd say go get a lunch bag and blue ice then you can bring leftovers or salads.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to keep a salad fresh for lunch without a refrigerator?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment