Monday, October 7, 2013

what do suggest I pack for lunch and dinner for my hiking trip?

make your own insulated lunch bag on 20. Sketchbook Lunch Bag ~ This embroidered lunch bag is absolutely ...
make your own insulated lunch bag image



phammy


My Science club is going on a hiking trip soon. I've never been hiking before so I am wondering what kind of food I should pack for lunch and dinner and I do not want to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches the whole time.

Thanks.



Answer
Check with other members from your club. They probably have great ideas about what you can pack and where you can get it from. You have not give alot of info about the accommodations so it is hard to say. If there is a campfire at the lunch or dinner site, you can freeze bottle of drinking water and place it in an insulated bag along with a fresh bag of salad. There are plenty of dressings that only require room Temperature prior to opening. (They are marketed for the lunch crowd). Hidden valley ranch makes really cute small travel cups of dressing that would be perfect. The frozen bottles of water would keep the lettuce cool.

MRE's from a military surplus store make for great meals and they usually have alot of variety.If you have an outdoors store in your area (LIKE DICKS SPORTING GOODS) they have freeze dried meals.
In walmart you can find starkist tuna kits. They have relish, mayo and crackers in a kit with a spoon and crackers. you can mix it together to make tuna and crackers for an easy and cheap lunch. If you choose this option be sure to bring a few zip lock baggies so that you can take your trash with you and it wont stink upyour bag.

Trail mix will make for a good snack (walmart sells this also or you can make your own) for unbetween meal energy.

What are some good take-lunch ideas that don't require refrigeration or microwaving?




DrowEthel


I need ideas for lunches I can take to work with me but they can't be any that require refrigeration or microwaving because there isn't a fridge (and I don't have an insulated lunchbox) or microwave at work.


Answer
I have a few thoughts for you. First, there is this great lunch system that makes packing lunches super easy and you can win one free on my site (simply comment on food items already there, or add your own item - it doesn't take long at all). It is called easylunchboxes.com - you could win a container set and an insulated bag. If you don't want to enter, or don't win, I'd suggest buying an insulated bag and a couple little ice packs. Then, for packing lunches ... visit http://www.lunchtaker.com for a lot of ideas. We have a blog section that gives suggestions for things as well. Everything on the site is on the easy side, nutrition is included for all items you can be aware of how you are eating etc. Also, especially as it gets colder out, consider buying a thermos so you can pop leftover soups and stews and such in your lunch. We have a blog post about pre-warming thermos products to make them hold heat better that I'd suggest before you use one.
Good luck with lunch! :) Amy




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: what do suggest I pack for lunch and dinner for my hiking trip?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment