Monday, November 18, 2013

What are some good things to bring to work for lunch?

lunch bags for guys on SIX PACK COOLER BAG/LUNCH BAG
lunch bags for guys image



pebble


My husband has always worked as a subcontractor and was able to come home for lunch or if he was very busy would skip lunch. Now (after rupturing a hernia for the second time) he is working an office job and is too far away to come home so he has been eating fast food five days a week. I've been telling him to pack a lunch and he wouldn't do it. Now 3 months and 10 pounds later he is ready to pack a lunch but doesn't want sandwiches everyday. I'm not too creative for lunches, but want him to stop with the fast food, so any advice?
He does have a fridge and microwave available



Answer
The wonderful world of brown bagging it. Does he have a microwave and a fridge available. If he does than it's a no-brainer. My wife will make 5 days worth of Chicken stir fry and I tupperware it to the office everyday. Healthy/Economical and Tasty. You can even add rice if you like...but if you are trying to drop the weight I would suggest brown rice if any at all.

Guys don't want to pack a lunch every morning....it sucks. I would rather go without than make a sandwich every morning. I think men have a problem with making food without eating it right then. At least if you do it on Sunday it will be done in one shot. Alot of the times we will eat stir fry for dinner on Sun and I take 3 or 4 days worth the following week.

Good Luck.

What healthy school lunch can a active 17 year old guy take to school?




Tom Hansen


Hi, this year I'm deciding to skip the long lunch lines and am going straight for a packed lunch. I usually eat meals with a good amount of protein and don't really want to take a ham sandwich. I might take a Cliff bar and a Powerade or a juice with me. I can't microwave stuff at school.


Answer
I would not recommend a clif bar or power aid/juice for a healthy meal since both are pretty rich in sugar. Clif bars are usually used for endurance athletes who do mountain climbing n stuff.
As for a healthy meal, jut try to incorporate a balanced amount of complex carbs, proteins, and healthy fats. And don't forget the fiber.
This way you can mix and match what you like.
For example:
-proteins: chicken breasts, turkey breast, egg whites, lean beef, tuna
-complex carbs: oats, brown rice, whole wheat bread, sweet potatoes
-healthy fats: avocado, nuts, peanut butter, coconut oil (not too much), salmon
-fiber: fruits, broccoli, asparagus, veggies

These can be combined into combinations such as:
- chicken breast, sweet potato, nut butter
- beef and brown rice with broccoli
- turkey breast sandwich with avocado and lettuce and tomato
- salad with chicken breast and nuts

As for snacks, you can pack baggies of baby carrots and sliced cucumber, nuts and dried fruit, or a decent protein bar.
I'd recommend quest bars- they are made with natural ingredients, are low carbohydrate, and taste great.

As for the microwave lacking issue, I just stick my tupperwares in a lunch bag with an ice pack. I don't mind eating my food cold to be honest.

As for drinks, go for water or all natural coconut water- it is slightly sweet but won't give you a sugar spike




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What are some good things to bring to work for lunch?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment