Sunday, February 2, 2014

What are some lunch ideas I can bring to work?




chicka


I work 12 hour shifts on the ambulance so access to a microwave is not possible. I am also trying to eat healthier and save money as well. I need lunch and snack ideas. Thank you


Answer
A large thermos of whatever you like to drink, Bring a sandwich, keep the bread and filling in separate zip lock bags to keep them from getting soggy. There are good insulated containers that will keep a serving of soup or pasta hot all day. Just use low fat cold cuts such as turkey, ham, or other low fat cuts(check labels they vary widely) Premix tuna and keep it in an insulated container. You can eat almost anything you'd have at home, it's the packaging that helps.

For snacks, take fruit, canned fruit, yogurt, pretzels, baked corn chips with low fat salsa or bean dip, veggies, or any other healthy snack. Just don't over do it.

They sell good insulated reusable bags at supermarkets, they hold a lot and fit well behind the seats in that E450 your riding in.

does this sound like a healthy lunch?




.


I work 12 hour shifts at my new job and get four breaks.

Breakfast: Cereal with raisins and milk, yogurt with pineapple chunks
15: Carrot sticks and peanut butter
Lunch: Bagel with vegetable cream cheese and cucumber, salad
15: Cheese and triscuits

Does it seem like I'm eating too much? Nobody else seems to eat as much as me. Also my lunchbag isn't large enough so I've been using a tote.. What are other bag options? And is this a healthy lunch?



Answer
Yes it is sounds like a good lunch with proteins and vitamins.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What are some lunch ideas I can bring to work?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment