Thursday, August 22, 2013

How long can you reuse a food container before bacteria or mold begins to grow?

insulated lunch bag small on BUILT NY lunch bag - dog - Biome Eco Stores
insulated lunch bag small image
Q. Is it harmful and could it cause tiredness and a stuffy head? The container typically has spinach and thousand island dressing in it and is reused for a couple or so days. It is stored in a small insulated lunch bag with an ice pack. If it is unhealthy, why? Is it okay to reuse a container such as one with a tomato and after a few days cut a new tomato and store it in the same container without washing it? The container has been refridgerated.


Answer
sorry but ewww. Why wouldn't you wash it after using it each time? Even just rinsing it in warm water.
I mean every time you take it out and it's not refrigirated it goes bad a bit and gets on the fresh food. Besides, food goes bad in a fridge eventually no matter what.

If I leave yogurt in my locker or my backpack for 3 hours will it go bad?




HockeyGirl


I normally put my food in an insulated lunch bag and leave it in my locker.. but I am afraid that if I wait after 3-4 hours it will go bad. I am very iffy on leaving dairy out.


Answer
It shouldn't go bad but it certainly may become soft and mushy. Put a small, closed container of frozen water in your lunch bag to keep the yogurt fresh.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How long can you reuse a food container before bacteria or mold begins to grow?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment