Tuesday, August 20, 2013

What are some good healthy lunch ideas for a college student?

lunch bags for nurses on My 9 1/2 month old just learned how to stand in the crib. How can I ...
lunch bags for nurses image



Blonde @ H


I am in nursing school and I go to school five days a week. Fast food just gets really old really quick and it loses its charm. I need some meal plans that are easy to throw together that morning or the night before that ar really good as well... I don't ike tomatoes or onions if that helps. I'm not picky but then I am haha sorry... If you have any ideas please feel free to enlighten me


Answer
My way of dealing with the same issue has been to cook big meals and buy healthy snacks. My favorite dishes involve tomatoes and onions, so I may not be of great help when it comes to specific recipes, but there are a ton online. I like to make food in huge quantities so that it lasts me for awhile without having to spend much time. I usually eat it for dinner and then put the rest into single-meal-sized containers for lunches. Then it just gets thrown into the lunch bag with an ice pack and it's good to go.

I don't eat in huge quantities usually because I like to snack a lot throughout the day, but I think my snacks would make good additions to your lunch as well if that's the only time you have during the day to eat. Greek yogurt is packed with protein, so it's a good way to get some fullness out of a throw-it-together kind of meal. I also buy bananas, baby carrots, blueberries, cucumbers, bell peppers, and I simply love mixing walnuts with craisins. I'll cut up or bag these up the night before if needed, to save on some time.

Another tip for making it healthy is to try to reduce the amount of carbohydrates or eat whole grain- it just helps keep you more full without having to eat as much of it (and I'm sure the extra energy doesn't hurt with a long day of clinicals). So, I usually avoid pasta, and make a big veggie dish with either chicken, salmon, or tilapia on the side. Sometimes I'll make brown rice too.

Also, I don't know if saving money is an issue, but I think that buying certain items in bulk is a nice way to save. I usually buy huge bags of frozen chicken and fish. I buy big bags of nuts and big bags of craisins. If you have a card for Sam's Club or Costco, they also carry some nice big frozen foods that you just throw in a skillet and it's made.

Hope this helps!

What should I get my sister who babysits my 2 month son for free?




pattscool


My sister has offered 2 watch my son for free while she looks for a job as a nurse. She just graduated nursing school and her birthday just passed. So I owe her a birthday gift too. So i need a b-day gift and a thank you gift and a graduation gift.
Please give me other ideas besides gift card.



Answer
How about a nice stethoscope? Or some comfy shoes?

Maybe a nice lunch bag and/or purse to keep her stuff in...Try to get her something that will be a help for her new career.

Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What are some good healthy lunch ideas for a college student?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment