Tuesday, August 20, 2013

What is an easy finger food to send with my 14 month old for lunch?

lunch bag for daycare on Lunch BAG Insulated DAY Care Preschool Zebra Easy Clean Brand NEW ...
lunch bag for daycare image



what the h


I need ideas for something that is not messy, and that is not easy to choke on. And that doesn't require refrigeration, since they don't have a fridge for lunches at daycare. Thanks
They have a fridge for other things, just not one for lunches, since there are over 100 kids at this center.



Answer
first of all-i want to say ignore all the negative feedback you're getting about where you take your child or the fact that you take your child to daycare. most moms nowdays cannot afford to stay home and raise their children-they work. i'm a single mom of 3 girls-all 3 are in private school. my oldest are in 2nd grade and kindergarten, my youngest in preschool. i have to pack lunch for all 3 b/c the montessori they attend also has several students and not enough room to store refridgerated stuff....

get a small lunchbag and a few little ice packs to put in it-this will help keep things cold.

for a 14 month old you can try:
-peanut butter and jelly or lunch meat and cheese sandwiches-cut them into shapes with cookie cutters (my girls love this)
-goldfish crackers
-cucumber sticks (these will be easy for her little fingers to grasp and they are easy to chew)
-banana slices
-cooked pasta in fun shapes like bowties (you can melt a small amount of butter over these and then chill them in your fridge before packing them in her lunch-this will add flavor to them, put them in a ziplock baggie when you pack them for lunch)
-scrambled eggs
-diced chicken with green beans cut into bite sized pieces
juice boxes or small milk containers

all of this can be eaten cold and will keep fine as long as you have the ice packs in the lunch bag to keep it cold....

Fulltime moms who breastfeed: How much of a milk supply did you have when returning from maternity leave?




xoxo - knm


Currently, I have about a 3 day supply (enough milk for three 8 hour days). And how much milk did you pump during your work shift? And was this only on your lunch break, or did you get time to go and pump once before and after lunch as well?
I meant to put fulltime working moms, sorry.



Answer
I had about the same as you, maybe just a little more. I keep two frozen packets in the freezer at daycare in case they ever have a mishap with a bottle. I pump anywhere from 1 to 3 times daily, depending on when I last fed the baby, when I have meetings, etc. We have a storage room with a lock that doubles as a mother's room. I have been back to work for about 6 weeks and have been able to breastfeed 100%. It is not hard as long as your boss is on board. With my 1st, my boss was irritated that I would leave to go pump, and I was always tense and couldn't get good letdown. Pack an I-pod and a picture of your baby in your pump bag. This will help you relax and make letdown easier. It only takes about 20-25 minutes total each time I need to pump, including walking down there, getting the key, set-up and clean-up.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is an easy finger food to send with my 14 month old for lunch?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment