Sunday, October 13, 2013

Best gift to buy my best friend who got her 1st teaching job?

quality insulated lunch bag on new cooler bag insulated women lunch bags travel picnic bag solid ...
quality insulated lunch bag image



V


My best friend is set to begin teaching high school Social Studies. This is her 1st teaching job and I want to buy her a congratulatory gift. I was thinking an engraved leather gradebook but I can't find one and a Google search suggests that most grades are kept online now. Any suggestions on gifts or where I can get a leather gradebook would be greatly appreciated!


Answer
Forget the leather gradebook, nice as it sounds. I would venture to say that the majority of schools today all use computerized gradebooks and lesson plan format, not paper.

Does she have her own classroom all day, or does she float to available rooms? What about a nice leather trimmed desk set, or at least the desk blotter for the top of her desk? I always had a cheap one supplied by the school and always wanted a nice one.

For many years, my school always had wonderful teacher lunches with at least five choices. The two years it really went downhill so many of us packed a lot more. What about a quality lunch kit with a nice, insulated bag and reusable containers? That could be a hit!

I had a quality cloth tote bag in a briefcase style (not college backpack). It had a big center storage and some small zip pockets. My sister-in-law had my name embroidered on it and it had some school motif embroideries, too. Used it for years and loved it. Had a strong carry strap as well as handles.

If you visit her at home, does she need anything for her home office? She may need a new bookcase for teacher manuals or home reference books. She will need some storage for home office supplies, a lot more than she would have had in college. Storage tubs? A home file?

How does yogurts bacteria contribute to makeing yogurt?




Danielle





Answer
According to Wiki Answers, "While fermenting, the bacteria produce enzymes which change lactose acid into lactic acid." It also mentions that the growth of bacteria causes the yogurt to thicken. When the yogurt cools, the action stops because bacteria require heat.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Describe_the_role_of_bacteria_in_yogurt_making

Btw, I've made yogurt using a small wide mouth thermos. First the milk is heated to a boil, allowed to cool down a little, then a spoonful of good quality plain yogurt from a health food store is added as a starter. It should be as fresh as possible. Then it's poured into the thermos, wrapped in a dish towel, & placed in a nylon insulated lunch bag. In the morning, with the bacteria & a little, there's the yogurt all ready to take for lunch. I like to add cardamom and an Indian spice mixture called garam masala for extra good taste. (Sorry, but I can't remember the exact temperature it's supposed to be before removing from heat & adding the starter.)
Later...Wiki How says 110 degrees F, 43 degrees C.
Keep yogurt at least 90 degrees.
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Yogurt




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Best gift to buy my best friend who got her 1st teaching job?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment