Thursday, October 17, 2013

Kid friendly recipes for school lunch?

insulated lunch bags for kids on Kids Colorful Insulated Lunch Bags | My Favorite Everything
insulated lunch bags for kids image



Bunny


What are some kid friendly recipes that I could use for my children's lunch boxes? Example Macaroni/pasta salad. I am a picky eater but my children are not. So when it comes to things like macaroni salad I know it has all kinds of veggies which is what I want my kids to have, but have no idea how to make it or what goes in it cuz I don't eat that stuff myself. Although I don't eat some things I still encourage my kids to eat them. This is the first year that we are actually sending them to school with their own lunch. I don't want to send them with pb&j all year and could really use some ideas/ suggestions. I do not mind cooking if I need to. They are not allowed to use a microwave at school, because they are in elementary school. So it goes in the insulated lunch boxes/bags. Thanks in advance to all who help. It is all appreciated.


Answer
Sandwiches (or mix that up and do wraps,crackers and let them dip or stack the sandwich filling)
-Cheese (like Colby Jack)
-Ham
-Turkey
-Chicken Salad (mine prefer their grapes to the side)
-Egg Salad
-Tuna Salad
-Hamburger on bread with cheese,lettuce and pickles
-Brie and Pears
-Grilled Chicken and Mangoes
-BLT
-Roasted Turkey with Cranberries
-Ricotta Cheese & Strawberries

--

Salads

-Pizza Pasta Salad ; just leave out or sub what they won't eat.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pizza-salad-ii/

-Berry Summer Salad
http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/berry-delicious-summer-salad-10000001079869/

-Cobb Salad
http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/potato-cobb-salad-10000000451474/

--

Homemade Lunchables ;

-Pizza ; flat bread,sauce,cheese,pepperoni,bell peppers,mushrooms or whatever else they will eat on pizza.

-Cracker Stackers ; Turkey and/or Ham,Cheese. Then on the side you could do carrots and then an apple or something.

--

Breakfast
-Pancakes and fruit topping with syrup. (Just make sure they're fine with it cold I guess)


--

Go Asian with cold chicken lettuce wraps
http://www.food.com/recipe/cold-chicken-lettuce-wraps-426004
^Just leave out or sub nuts if they can't bring those to school.

What are different ideas for packing lunches for my daughter?




Kylee Brui


My daughter just started kindergarten, and has started bring lunches to school. I never brought lunches to school, so I don't have any knowledge on different ideas.
I don't want to send her with just sandwiches, chips, carrots, ect everyday.. Any tips/ideas for different food that will stay good in her lunch bag until they eat? Thanks!



Answer
My kids take a variety of things. Sandwiches (but no peanut butter or any type of nut spread), a fun snack like cookies or chips, and a healthy snack like raisins or carrot sticks. I've also found that you can freeze yogurt or Go-gurt tubes, and pack them frozen. By lunch time, they are melted or semi-melted and still cold for the kids to eat. My daughters also like the mini cups of applesauce, single serve cups of pudding or even bags of dry cereal. A trick I use to keep things cold is to freeze the juice box and pack it frozen. Like the yogurt, it defrosts in the bag, but keeps the rest of the lunch cold. By lunch time, it's perfect to drink. I pack in an insulated, reusable lunch bag.

For sandwiches, the kids like jelly, lunch meats with cheese, grilled cheese served cold, the typical normal foods.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Kid friendly recipes for school lunch?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment