Monday, November 25, 2013

Can I store a bottle with express milk in an insulated nappy bag for a few hours?

kids lunch totes bags on ... CARS-BACKPACK-16-LUNCH-BAG-BOX-MCQUEEN-TOTE-MESSENGER-NWT-kids-school
kids lunch totes bags image



ked.08


I would love to be able to take a bottle with expressed milk to the shops or when we are going somewhere that breastfeeding is a little akward. Can I store the bottle in one of those insulated bottle bags? Can I maybe take the frozen breast milk bags and sterilised bottles and heat when needed? I am not sure how long I can keep it out of the freezer before it is ruined. Thanks :-)


Answer
Yes, you can do this.

Freshly expressed breast milk can be left out at room temperature for at least six hours.

Frozen breast milk can be stored in the fridge for 24 hours once it's thawed. Frozen milk loses some of its immune properties and isn't as resilient to bacterial growth as fresh milk is. It would be fine to tote it along in a small insulated bag (like a lunch kit) with an ice pack to prevent it from thawing too quickly. For both of my kids, I've also brought along a thermos of hot water to heat bottles in once they were ready to eat.

Refer to this chart and the accompanying article - it will help you figure out how to store and transport your milk:
http://www.askdrsears.com/html/2/T026900.asp#T026901

Good luck!

What do you keep in your bag for school?




darakristi


Not just what YOU carry, but what anyone would carry in their purse/tote/backpack... List EVERYTHING you can come up with (but still makes sense) and please number them, because whoever lists the most gets best answer.


I put this in the Adolescent section because I want answers from high school kids.



Answer
I usually go to my locker at lunch (make that ALWAYS) so I only carry the binder/textbooks for those two classes with me. The others are in my locker.

1. Binder
2. Textbook(s) (if it's A Day, the morning will be AP History and Chemistry I, and if it's B Day, then it's AP Law and European History)
3. Pencil case (which contains, geometry set, mini stapler, eraser, white out tape, tape, scissors, pink pen, purple pen, two blue pens, two red pens, orange pen, yellow high lighter, green high lighter, peach sharpie (twin tipped), green sharpie, blue sharpie, powder blue sharpie, black sharpie (twin tip), three pencils, HB pencil, 2B pencil, and 4B pencil (art class), gum eraser, sticky notes, extra staples, paperclips and glue stick OH AND pencil sharpener (: )
4. Colouring pencil case
5. Ruler
6. Graphic Calculator
7. Sketchbook (for art)
8. Journal
9. Agenda
10. First aid kit (:
11. Extra contact case/solution
12. Bus pass
13. Cue Cards (I make flash cards A LOOOOT)
14. Rubik's cube
15. Breath Mints
16. Retainer case -.-
17. "Girl things"
18. Headband/hair elastics (I can't do a test w/ hair in my face!)
19. Mini Atlas
20. Dictionary
21. French Dictionary
22. French-English Dictionary
23. Spanish-English Dictionary
24. Novel
25. English class novel (we are always doing a novel story with th WORST most BORING books ever!!!)
26. Student ID
27. Cell Phone
28. iPod
29. Lunch/snack
30. Water bottle (I drink one full bottle per 2 classes... I LOOOVE my water!)
31. French curve
32. Art kit for art class (I always have it with me even when I don't have art... IDK why... But it has a french curve, special pen, India Ink, China Ink, Pen nib holder, x-acto knife, water colours, basic 5-brush set, palette, glue stick and moldable eraser)
33. Emergency 5 dollar bill
34. Extra liner paper
35. Extra graph paper
36. Flash drive (ie, USB key)
37. Pocket world atlas
38. Thesaurus
39. Extra white paper
40. Current issue of Seventeen
41. Kleenex
42. Lip balm
43. Body butter
44. Extra socks
45. Mini pebto bismol (I get stomach aches a lot)
46. Ibuoprofen (I never use it, I almost never take pills, but sometimes I or a friend need it)


That's about it (:




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I store a bottle with express milk in an insulated nappy bag for a few hours?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment