Thursday, November 28, 2013

What is typical NYC summer weather?

cute lunch bags for women on Lunch Bags For Women ,For Sale,Prices,Manufacturers,Suppliers,Reviews ...
cute lunch bags for women image



bailey mic


I'm a 20-year-old female college student moving to the city (specifically, Manhattan) for the summer from Oklahoma, for an internship. I've heard that it gets hot up there, but I'm curious about the average temperature. Down here, it's about 90-100 daily, which is nothing unusual for us.

What's the average temperature? What kind of clothes do people typically wear, when not in workplace attire?

Thanks!
By summer, I meant approximately June through August. Sorry!



Answer
I'm on board with the average temps in NY being 80 through 100 and the humidity being the worst part of in. In Manhattan itself you have the stifling heat because no air moves between the buildings but if you manage a stroll to either end near the water you get a decent breeze especially after it gets dark.

--- If you don't have Air Conditioning where you'll be staying you'll probably want to hang out in coffee shops, book stores and other locations that will let you chill in their AC or maybe hang late at your place of work. Museums and libraries run special shows during the summer from free music to dancing.

--- Summer dresses are really a good idea because they go from day with a nice little sweater and mules to hot nights with no sleeves and a pin to hike it up a little and some flip flops. If the fabric is of darkish colors you can even get away with walking through an open hydrant in it and letting yourself air dry or even a walk on the beach.
Capris are acceptable in some work places if they are nice and matched with again a nice sleeveless button down and a cute shrug and you're all set for day into evening. The short mini dresses paired with some leggins are in some offices acceptable again keep a shrug or even a long suit jacket around and heels under your desk or someone's desk and you can be dressed up in a second. If you have to wear suits then make sure you remove your stockings and heels before you leave the building. Women tend to wear no sleeves because you reduce pit stains on your clothing. Remember lots of times you will go out straight after work.

--- Some subway trains have no heat. You'll know when they pull into the station because it will be the one rather empty car. Some will have great air, but the platforms usually don't because it will cost the city too much to compete with the heat from the outside of the trains.

--- Cabs are upgraded and most will have AC but the ride in traffic can be costly on a daily basis.

--- Keep hair accessories available, you can pin your hair up if neccessary and off your neck when you start to overheat. Keep a body spray in your bag. A light fruity one or powder scent nothing overwhelming spritz and hang outside for a minute then return from lunch. It'll take away the food smells and funk if your deoderant decides to bail on you.
--- And congrats on the internship.

Confused about this female. Your thoughts are helpful here?




techmechie


I like this colleague of mine. for her birthday I gifted her a nice top which she seemed to really like, but she has never worn it yet in more than three months! when I asked her, she said she still has not tried it and its lying in the same shopping bag at her place . . . now that I want to tell her about my feelings this 'top' issue haunts me, I feel she does not like me or does not want to send me a wrong signal. what do you guys say?


Answer
Honestly, just asking, why did you get her something to wear? It's hard for my husband to even find me something to wear since my figure is hard to find something that fits just right.

Also, when you buy a woman something to wear, it is a more intimate kind of a gift b/c its sending the signal that "I like you and I want you to wear this because I think this will look hot on you". Also, it seems like it takes a lot for a guy to get to a womens clothing store, look in the womens clothing section, find something that will fit right in HER size and that she will like it. Clothes are something you should buy your other when you are in a relationship. When you got her the shirt, you sent the message that "I know what you like, I will like to see you in this, and I know your size." Women are hard to shop for when it comes to clothing. It's an intimate ordeal, and what if she is a size small and you got her a large? oops... what is she is a large and you got her a small? She wouldn't like to come tell you, "sorry, I need a bigger size."

It may not fit her, she may not like it or maybe it feels awkward for her to wear it to work b/c then she knows she will be under your spotlight. Next time you get a colleague a gift, settle for something neutral, small and sweet like a card with "happy birthday" in it with some candy or a gift card to a lunch place that they like nearby.

I know your intentions were good, but if I went to work and a guy got me some clothing for my birthday, yes I may like it, but I would feel like he is wanting me to dress the way HE wants even though we are just colleagues.

Don't think of it too deeply, just keep going on and move forward. If things are meant to happen they will.

Also, what was the top like that you got her? Describe it and let me know if its tight, low cut,... that can let me tell you more. Why did you get this certain top, what were your motives to get a top like this?

One time my husband got me a halter top that was fitted in the bust line. (I have a large bust and a small waist) When I tried it on, I saw that it was a size small but I figured I'd see if it fit b/c clothing sizes are different for different brands. Sure enough, it didn't fit since it was fitted exp in the bust area, I was going to literally bust out of it, lol. Even though it was my husband, it was emberassing to say "no baby, this is too small". It was very cute, sexy and it sucked that I liked it so much and it didnt fit. He obviously wanted me to wear it if we went out so he could see my cleavage, haha. But it didn't fit.

Also dont bring up the shirt to her EVER. Don't talk about it, don't ask about it b/c it will send the message that you always notice that she doesn't wear it and that you expect her to wear it which will create awkwardness for both of you. Just keep work gifts neutral, generous and something that you know the person will like. Get hints, like do they drink coffee? Get them a starbucks card. Do you see they have chocolate at their desk? Get them some chocolates. Do they love dogs? Get them a small dog picture frame. Do they like movies? get them movie tickets and said to treat them and a friend to the next movie they would like to see.

Here are gifts to stay away from (in my opinion) for work, expecially if you like the person on more than a work buddy level---- jewelery... clothing... red roses... cards.... romantic music cd's... perfume... anything that goes on their body..

Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is typical NYC summer weather?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment