Friday, November 1, 2013

How do you pack a bagel with cream cheese in a preschoolers lunch if the lunch bag is not refrigerated?

lunch bags for preschool on Preschool Girl Student with Lunch Bag Stock Photo 10035251 - iStock
lunch bags for preschool image



Whitelotus


My son's preschool has him keeps his lunch bag in his personal cubby and doesn't heat up food. Any hot foods are put in a thermos.
I would like to send him 2 mini bagels with cream cheese for lunch.
We leave at 8:30am and he eats at 12.
Do I send it cold? Warm, wrapped in foil?
I don't want the cream cheese to go bad, nor can I send it separately... Thoughts?



Answer
the cream cheese won't spoil in that length of time.
In fact, warmed like that will make it easier to spread.
you have a 4 hour window for food to be in the "danger zone" which is above 40 degrees and below 140 degrees. After that time the food should be discarded.
This is food service guidelines.
That means that it is still edible at the end of the 4 hours. It does not magically spoil at 4 hours 1 minute. It is still safe to use but don't stretch it too much after that.
cheeses are meant to be served at room temp and cheese sits out all the time at wine and cheese tastings and other big fancy meals. They don't do any of those functions in a fridge.
Your time table is fine.

For the preschool I am doing Mystery Bags?




Ducky


I have paper lunch bags. I put in things like a big marble, a Q-Tip, etc...I stapled the bags closed so the kids won't be tempted to peek. If after they explore picking the bags up and trying to guess what's inside, if I open them and tell them to reach in a feel, will they peek? Or if I say don't peek, will they listen?


Answer
If you have scarves to use as blindfolds, then that would help. That's what I use. :)

Are you making one for each child? If that's what you're planning, that really isn't necessary. You can just make a permanent bag for the classroom, and use a cloth bag and one or two blindfolds. You can change the objects every once in awhile. Have the children take turns holding an object, then guessing what it is before pulling it put.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do you pack a bagel with cream cheese in a preschoolers lunch if the lunch bag is not refrigerated?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment