Saturday, November 2, 2013

Lunch ideas for construction worker?

lunch bags for construction workers on An Evening Meal: August 2011
lunch bags for construction workers image



crazyveg


I just recently started talking to a guy that works in construction. I told him that on one of my days off I would fix him and his father, whom he also works with, lunch. However, I am more of a dinner based chef, so I was looking for ideas and suggestions. They will have been working in the heat all day and must continue on afterword, so something light would be preferable. :) Thanks in advance.


Answer
My man is in construction. Every morning I pack him a PB&J, two meat sandwiches - any lunch meat (we use sandwich thins so one is not enough), the lettuce/tom/onion/pickle for the sandwich in a separate bag, an individual side of baked chips, a Jello-pudding snack, a string cheese, a banana or container of pre-cut fruit, a canned soda, a bottle of water, and a love note.

What is the best way to ask for a reduction of amount owed to the IRS?




Tim





Answer
The only way is to file an Offer In Compromise (OIC). The IRS will want to know your income and all of your assets. Most OICs are rejected because the IRS figures that it will collect more. If you are currently unemployed, the OIC may get rejected if the IRS believes you have a chance at landing a job. If you are currently working, the IRS will expect you to pay a substantial part of your disposable income toward the debt. By disposable, I mean after paying for your rent, an old car, and food. No vacations, no private school tuition, etc. The IRS will not include meals out so count on having to brown bag your lunch every day. No Starbucks coffee drinks, in fact, no luxuries at all.

A successful OIC comes from somebody who has fallen down the income ladder. Like a construction worker who is now disabled, a corporate executive who hasn't been able to replace his former seven figure salary with anything much more than minimum wage.

If you want to try an OIC, contact an EA or CPA in your area who specializes in them. (I don't.)

I hope this helps.
Gary




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Lunch ideas for construction worker?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment