Thursday, December 5, 2013

How can I begin a school lunch reform at my school?

lunch bags for teachers on Angry Birds Insulated Lunch Bag Official Red Bird Shape School Box ...
lunch bags for teachers image



Meg Flash


I am a currently a high school student, and I would like to help better the lunch menus at my school. The cafeteria serves similar things every day- pizza, fried chicken, fries, and sides of fruit and salad that are very unappealling. I would like raise awareness for establishing good eating habits at school and hopefully help teach the importance of eating more than a bag of chips for lunch.

Please advise on steps I can take to start off. Thanks!



Answer
Try speaking to your school council, your class teacher and your principle.
Also discuss it with your parents, if you can get them on-side, they would probably speak to the school on your behalf, and to other parents.

Make sure you have a clear and valid argument to put forward
And remember that the school canteen have a budget to work to. so much money per pupil per day (its usually only a few pence/cents) - if you can show that they would get as good a value - or even better value - for a healthier menu, it will be a strong argument.

Veggies are cheaper than meat - a ragu, ratatouille or gumbo, which is mainly vegetable can be given some extra 'oomph' by adding cooked chicken (cheap meat)

How to store salad for school?




Lucas


I always want salad for lunch, but my teacher directly after lunch is strict, so you HAVE to be on time. Because of this, I wouldn't have enough time to bring a Tupperware back to my locker. Any other ideas on how to store a salad in something that can be thrown out?


Answer
Store your salad in a plastic bag, but take a plastic plate to put it out on to eat unless you can get a clean plate at the cafeteria. Don't forget a fork!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How can I begin a school lunch reform at my school?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment