Monday, December 2, 2013

Can I store a bottle with express milk in an insulated nappy bag for a few hours?

insulated lunch bags and totes on Kids Lunch Bag Insulated Warm Cold Lunchbox Cooler Pouch Shopper Tote ...
insulated lunch bags and totes image



ked.08


I would love to be able to take a bottle with expressed milk to the shops or when we are going somewhere that breastfeeding is a little akward. Can I store the bottle in one of those insulated bottle bags? Can I maybe take the frozen breast milk bags and sterilised bottles and heat when needed? I am not sure how long I can keep it out of the freezer before it is ruined. Thanks :-)


Answer
Yes, you can do this.

Freshly expressed breast milk can be left out at room temperature for at least six hours.

Frozen breast milk can be stored in the fridge for 24 hours once it's thawed. Frozen milk loses some of its immune properties and isn't as resilient to bacterial growth as fresh milk is. It would be fine to tote it along in a small insulated bag (like a lunch kit) with an ice pack to prevent it from thawing too quickly. For both of my kids, I've also brought along a thermos of hot water to heat bottles in once they were ready to eat.

Refer to this chart and the accompanying article - it will help you figure out how to store and transport your milk:
http://www.askdrsears.com/html/2/T026900.asp#T026901

Good luck!

Can I leave opened soy milk unrefrigerated for 8 hours?




bleach.bla


I leave for class in the morning, and head to the gym afterward. I'm wondering if I can make my protein shake in the morning before class and leave it in my bag all day long until after my workout.


Answer
Buy yourself a really good thermos. I would then put it in an insulated lunch tote w/ an ice pack. Can't be too safe.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I store a bottle with express milk in an insulated nappy bag for a few hours?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment