Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Healthy lunch ideas that pack in the veggies and I could make ahead of time?

kids lunch bags ideas on Built NY Spicy Relish Lunch Bag - One Small Step
kids lunch bags ideas image



Namename


We eat generally healthy, just lunch seems to be whatever we can get our hands on at the time. I would really like to find something that I could make ahead and freeze or something that will also get more veggies into my son's diet. Any ideas?
My son is 2 BTW and the only he can't eat is peanuts. They give him bad stomachaches.



Answer
I cut up a bunch of veggies and put them in a ziploc bags in 'snack' sizes. I usually make 5 or 6 of these bags and just leave them in the fridge. You don't have to bother with chopping a bunch of things whenever you want veggies. You just grab a bag and go. Kids like finger foods, and love dip.

You can make zucchini bread much like you would banana bread. It's very yummy.

You can make dishes like ratatouille, veggie lasagna (I add lots of spinach), spaghetti (I blend up veggies like mushrooms, peppers, zucchini, etc. and mix it with the sauce so Alex doesn't know he just ate a yucky mushroom. He just likes the sauce. Sneaky ;) ), etc. and freeze them into lunch sized portions. Next time you make a dish like this, make a double batch.

If he'll eat hummus, that's easy to do. Dip veggies or crisps.

You can also make homemade pizzas and pile on the veggies. It's something you two can make together. I do this on pita shells. Spread pizza sauce on top of the shell, and let your kids put their own toppings on. Bake for 15ish minutes until the cheese melts.

Kid friendly recipes for school lunch?




Bunny


What are some kid friendly recipes that I could use for my children's lunch boxes? Example Macaroni/pasta salad. I am a picky eater but my children are not. So when it comes to things like macaroni salad I know it has all kinds of veggies which is what I want my kids to have, but have no idea how to make it or what goes in it cuz I don't eat that stuff myself. Although I don't eat some things I still encourage my kids to eat them. This is the first year that we are actually sending them to school with their own lunch. I don't want to send them with pb&j all year and could really use some ideas/ suggestions. I do not mind cooking if I need to. They are not allowed to use a microwave at school, because they are in elementary school. So it goes in the insulated lunch boxes/bags. Thanks in advance to all who help. It is all appreciated.


Answer
Sandwiches (or mix that up and do wraps,crackers and let them dip or stack the sandwich filling)
-Cheese (like Colby Jack)
-Ham
-Turkey
-Chicken Salad (mine prefer their grapes to the side)
-Egg Salad
-Tuna Salad
-Hamburger on bread with cheese,lettuce and pickles
-Brie and Pears
-Grilled Chicken and Mangoes
-BLT
-Roasted Turkey with Cranberries
-Ricotta Cheese & Strawberries

--

Salads

-Pizza Pasta Salad ; just leave out or sub what they won't eat.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pizza-salad-ii/

-Berry Summer Salad
http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/berry-delicious-summer-salad-10000001079869/

-Cobb Salad
http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/potato-cobb-salad-10000000451474/

--

Homemade Lunchables ;

-Pizza ; flat bread,sauce,cheese,pepperoni,bell peppers,mushrooms or whatever else they will eat on pizza.

-Cracker Stackers ; Turkey and/or Ham,Cheese. Then on the side you could do carrots and then an apple or something.

--

Breakfast
-Pancakes and fruit topping with syrup. (Just make sure they're fine with it cold I guess)


--

Go Asian with cold chicken lettuce wraps
http://www.food.com/recipe/cold-chicken-lettuce-wraps-426004
^Just leave out or sub nuts if they can't bring those to school.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Healthy lunch ideas that pack in the veggies and I could make ahead of time?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment