Wednesday, January 15, 2014

How long can milk stay out before going bad?

do insulated lunch bags need ice packs on Packing A Healthy Lunch  BlueHealth Advantage  For Individuals
do insulated lunch bags need ice packs image



pooshy88


I like my protein shakes with milk so I was thinking about mixing my protein and milk before i leave the house and drink it about 2-3 hrs later. It will be in a lunch bag with one of those blue ice cubes. I just dont think it will provide the temperature needed for the milk to stay good.


Answer
I think you'll be fine since you have it on an ice pack.

Technically, once dairy products rise above 40 degrees (F), bacterial growth 'could' occur. The warmer it is, the more likely.

You could just use a insulated thermos. That keeps things hot or cold for several hours.

Is it safe to send meat in my son's lunch at school?




proud nerd


My son has an insulated lunch bag, but still has four hours between the time he goes to school and the time he eats lunch. Is it safe to give him ham or turkey sandwiches? He can't have peanut butter, since a child in his class is allergic to peanuts. What other types of sandwiches can I make for him?


Answer
I have the same problem with no peanut butter. So I freeze the sandwich container over night (empty) and put a small ice pack in the lunch bag for the day. It works for us and she says her fruit and juice stay cold as well.
Hope that helps...




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How long can milk stay out before going bad?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment