Monday, January 27, 2014

No more sandwiches!! What a commuter college student should eat?

insulated lunch bag men on sold out ditch the brown bag for this classic insulated lunch bag in ...
insulated lunch bag men image



Dan


I commute to save money and I dont have a meal plan. So far, all I've been eating is sandwiches, sandwiches, sandwiches with snacks and veggeis. I could not physically place the sandwich in my mouth yesterday lol.
What else could I bring to school. The big problem is I eat alot. I brought 7 ham lettuce etc sandwiches and an apple, and bags of carrots, celery, cucumbers and I still had to buy food at school.
Eating at school to fill would cost me more than $400 a month and I want to avoid doing so. What are some ideas for what to pack? I have no access to a refrigerator btw!?



Answer
Holy mother of god...where do you put all that, a hollow leg my man??? ;) j.k.
Some things to try:
Granola bars
trail mix
microwave cups of soup
frozen meals (once you get to them, it is thawed and you can just stick it in the microwave)
boxes of raisins
microwave popcorn
frozen Go-gurts (they thaw by lunch)
salad with individual packets of dressing (you might be able to insulate it to keep it cold with some frozen juice boxes or an ice-pack in your lunchbox)
change up the sandwiches you bring--try putting them on tortillas, change up the meat/cheese/veggies, etc.
microwave pasta/rice dishes
peanut butter and crackers
bagel with individual tubes of cream cheese (or peanut butter if you prefer)
boiled eggs (again, use the frozen juice box method to keep them cold)
pouches of tuna, individual mayo/relish and crackers
cubes of cheese (juice box/ice pack method)
slimfast type drinks (where they don't need to be refrigerated and come in their own bottle--like the special K ones or something)

My brother keeps stealing from me for weed, please help?




Mr.Brights


He's been stealing from me for years now and i don't think he's ever gonna stop im 16 he's 19 im still at school (yr 11) and he works in mcdonalds =/.

So a couple of years ago is when he fist started stealing from me it would be mostly my lunch money i didn't spend (school dinners are ughhh..) this would be £2-£3 he we scavenge my room till he found it and would check my school bag! then he moved on to my games where he probably has sold £500-£1000 worth of games along with my TV and PSP. this is when he'd drawn the line and mum called the police they police came shook him up and said if you do this again will lock you up basically. so a year pasts and he would used to ask for money i obviously said no but then he would ask for money like everyday and would pleed to pay me back more it started of i loaned him £20 he gave me £30 i gave him £30 he gave me £40 then he would just steal all my money (it's around £140) and i told my mum about this and my brother denies it saying he owes me £30 and he says to my mum how on earth do i get that sort of money, i get the money from my dad i see every weekend who gives me £10 pocket money and i usually go pool with him to win more ;) and i play a game to win perudo to win even more this usually leaves me with £20.
and if that's not worst enough he smokes weed with people i know from school and he chats bad rumours about me and he knows i can't do anything about it cause he's bigger then me and he always thinks he the bigger stronger man and he used to always be really violent when i was smaller he would fight be in front of my friends (im now roughly the same height and he hasn't laid a hand on me yet...).
I don't know what to do espically with my GCSE's coming up all this stress is soing my head in every time i see him i just wanna smash his head in but then i know it would probably be the opposite way round, i really have no idea what to do i try to revise but i can't =(
i have told my parents they want do f*** all =(



Answer
The only significant difference between your situation, and a similar one that I went through with my brother is that he was younger than me instead of older.
You have to first get your priorities straight. You say your GCSE's are coming up. I don't live in GB, but I assume that these are exams that you need to pass in order to qualify for college or university. That should be job one. The money that your brother has taken from you is gone, you won't get it back, so don't fret about it. Any future money you get needs to be put straight into a bank account, and you need to stop keeping any significant sums around that your brother can take. However, if he does take any more money the thefts need to be reported to the police. You aren't your brothers keeper, and if he goes to jail because you reported a theft it will be because your brother did it to himself, NOT because of you.
You aren't doing your brother any favours by trying to handle this problem within the family. Your brother is an addict, and addicts don't respond positively when family members try to "help".
Addicts simply look at family and friends who don't report their criminal activity as people who they can exploit and take advantage of.
Your brother is an addict due to bad choices he has made for himself. Only he can decide when and if he is going to get help, and get his life back on track, and stop making your life miserable at the same time.

The only thing you can do for yourself in the meantime is detach your emotions from your brother. If he is talking trash about you to your friends, then so-be-it.
There's nothing you can do to control that. Your true friends who know and trust you, will separate the facts from his fiction, and those who get it wrong will only position themselves as people you can't count on in the future. You have more important things to do than to run around doing damage control because of your druggie brother.

You have a future to build for yourself, so concentrate on your exams, and put your brother out of your mind. Insulate yourself from him as much as you can. Ask your mom to protect you from him. If she was a smart parent she would kick your brother to the curb. If he were my son, I wouldn't give him the right to live in my house and disrupt the rest of the family. Yes I would try to get him into treatment, but he wouldn't be invited back home unless and until he successfully completed a drug rehabilitation programme, and kept up with his work on staying clean.

I can say these things because I learned from experience that we can love our family members who become addicts, but still be tough with them.

You can't control your brother and his bad choices. But you can control how you react to the garbage he brings into your life. Either you let it get you down, and defeat you, or you learn how to cope and find success for yourself in spite of him.

Now it's up to you.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: No more sandwiches!! What a commuter college student should eat?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment