Saturday, February 1, 2014

Do kids carry lunch boxes any more??




lana_sands


It was one of those things I did as a kid. I had my trusty brown metal "How the West was Won" lunch box for 4 years. By 5th grade I did the brown /plastic bag thing. Not having any little kids in the family I was wondering. Or are mothers just too lazy to make a kid a Ham & Cheese sandwich in the morning?


Answer
Yes and no....kids carry lunches to school, but the method has changed. They have insulated lunch bags to help keep food fresher. They still have the popular characters of the day too.

No, in that schools are in a position to offer nutritious and delicious foods. I think it is great that kids have a choice!

Vegetarian school lunches?




qtpie1023


At my school, we have no lunch system. I can either buy food out of the vending machine or brown bag, but all they offer that's vegetarian is microwaveable cheese pizza. We have microwaves available, so what are some options, either hot or cold, for lunch?


Answer
I fix a vegetarian lunch for my daughter in highschool every day. It's easy. Here's a website to give you some ideas
http://kids-vegetarian-food.suite101.com/article.cfm/vegetarian_brown_bag_lunches

Think whole grain breads with various cheese, or cheese or bean spreads. You can also add dried tomatoes to cream cheese etc. Baggies of nuts, olives, sliced peppers, cucumbers & other veggies.

Pasta with additions which can be eaten either as a pasta salad or heated.

Hummus,. bean, or other dips which you can make yourself to go with pita chips or swedish crackers

Soups

Baked potato (previously baked and split) with cheese etc to put on it.

containers of yogurt, piece of fruit, granola bar

Fruit, cheese, bread & butter




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Do kids carry lunch boxes any more??
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment