Friday, April 25, 2014

I'm a grad student and teacher. Where can I find a big professional looking bag?

Q. I'm having the hardest time finding a bag that isn't hideous and "sporty" and that's also big enough to carry what I need. I have to find a bag that can hold my 17" laptop and cord, my teaching binder and book, my lunch (bento box) and a coffee thermos, some file folders, a novel-sized book, and then my keys, wallet, phone, etc. In the past I carried around a big heavy backpack, a purse, and a lunch bag, and I am really looking for something that can make me feel like I've got it much more together!

I'm willing to go up to about 250 for a really good bag (but if you've got much cheaper suggestions, I'm all ears!)

Important to me: Professional / sleek looking (maybe leather or with accents, but definitely no windbreaker material). It can be a backpack or messenger bag (I think I'd prefer the latter, because I wear a lot of dresses and the last backpack I had just loved to hike my skirts up) but should not be painful to lug around, because is it really any wonder that I get back pain? Padding and weight distribution go a long way!


Answer
I had problems finding a really sleek looking backpack that did not have a lot of hideous young patterns and made with the typical cordura backpack material for messenger bags. The sleek and professional looking messenger bags were mainly too small to be able haul all of your things. So, I suggest maybe a tote bag:

Filson:
http://www.filson.com/products/passage-women-s-business-tote.73036.html?fromCat=true&fvalsProduct=luggage/briefcases&fmetaProduct=1019

High school girls? How do you...?

Q. Ok well I have been using a huge bag to carry my books and stuff in.. Like a purse but HUGE. super cute, it's starting to hurt my shoulders though. so I bought a backpack (grey/black with a big under armor logo on it) BUT how does this work? Like your outfits.. Because I was going to wear an oversized cardigan w/ a cami tomorrow, and I tried on the backpack and it made the cardigan fall down and stuff... So basically how do you make it work with your outfit lol? Tips?
Btw I don't have a locker


Answer
I think you should get a locker, cause you have alot of books and courses each day really do get a locker! even a small one. Get a smaller ( possibly coach) for christmas?? Like a Poppy glam tote. that can fit like one binder and one text book, pencil case and lunch.

I would not go for a full out backpack, because in high school fashion IS important. Backpacks are huge, and will knock people over. Fashion contributes to your social status and a Poppy glam tote from Coach will help you with your self esteem and become the women who you want to be.

happy shopping!!

Holly




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I'm a grad student and teacher. Where can I find a big professional looking bag?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment