Friday, May 2, 2014

I need some healthy and easy recipes for lunch?

Q. I want some healthy and easy recipes that I can make for lunch. With cheap ingredients and that I can eat on a regular basis. Also maybe some healthy snack ideas?(preferably cheap) thanks!


Answer
I like to make chicken salad for lunches. Itâs healthy, fast, and full of protein to keep you full for a long time. Just boil 4 skinless/boneless chicken breasts (around $7), then dice into small squares. Mix in a big bowl with 1 cup mayonnaise, ¼ cup mustard, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 diced onion, 5 diced stalks of celery, salt & pepper (around $5). So, for a total of only 12 bucks, you have lunch for every day of the week.

I pre-portion the Chicken Salad into ziplock sandwich baggies and keep in the fridge, so they are ready to go for each day. Just use a small insulated lunch bag with a freezer pack, to keep the food fresh until lunch time. For a snack, I bring along a bag of baby carrots and ranch dressing. I work in an office, and this is a great lunch for Mon-Fri. Saves me bundles of money and is much healthier than eating fast food every day. If you want, you can take bread to put the salad on, but since I eat low-carb foods, I skip the bread.

What are some good take-lunch ideas that don't require refrigeration or microwaving?




DrowEthel


I need ideas for lunches I can take to work with me but they can't be any that require refrigeration or microwaving because there isn't a fridge (and I don't have an insulated lunchbox) or microwave at work.


Answer
I have a few thoughts for you. First, there is this great lunch system that makes packing lunches super easy and you can win one free on my site (simply comment on food items already there, or add your own item - it doesn't take long at all). It is called easylunchboxes.com - you could win a container set and an insulated bag. If you don't want to enter, or don't win, I'd suggest buying an insulated bag and a couple little ice packs. Then, for packing lunches ... visit http://www.lunchtaker.com for a lot of ideas. We have a blog section that gives suggestions for things as well. Everything on the site is on the easy side, nutrition is included for all items you can be aware of how you are eating etc. Also, especially as it gets colder out, consider buying a thermos so you can pop leftover soups and stews and such in your lunch. We have a blog post about pre-warming thermos products to make them hold heat better that I'd suggest before you use one.
Good luck with lunch! :) Amy




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I need some healthy and easy recipes for lunch?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment