Friday, May 2, 2014

what are the eco alternatives to zip lock bags?




DrNutritio


I still need to use this type of bag looking for an alternative that is earth friendly? Anyone know?


Answer
Tupperware. Or for packing sandwiches for lunch, just wrap them in waxed paper.

For the freezer, use freezer paper for anything that doesn't contain liquid, and Tupperware for things that do.

You can also use glass canning jars for most things.

There are some lunch meat brands that are packing their product in resealable containers. I use these all the time for things like leftovers. And I run them through the dishwasher to wash.

You can wash out the ziplock bags and use them more than once. It is a pain though.

Just a thought.

How can you keep a sack lunch cold?

Q. I usually bring lunch boxes to school but this year I am going to bring my lunch in a brown paper bag. How can I keep my lunch cold? Is freezing my water bottle bad?


Answer
No, that would work or one of those freezer blocks wrapped in a plastic bag(to stop the bag getting soggy.
Remember , if you go the water bottle route DON'T fill the bottle full as Water expands when frozen and may split the bottle




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: what are the eco alternatives to zip lock bags?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment