Thursday, May 1, 2014

Want to go big grocery shopping soon not sure what i should get...?

Q. I would like to get a number of things for meals from the grocery store , my fiance and I are starting to hate that we have to repeat meals like spagettie, hamburger helper, hot dogs and grilled cheese those are all great but get old FAST , so a few things to get too last , use more then once and some recipes would be awesome


Answer
What do you like? Other then hamburger helper, spaghetti and hot dogs?

Your list should consist of plenty of fruits and vegetables. You can buy fresh cucumbers, canned corn & peas (or frozen), fresh baby carrots, celery, etc. Whichever vegetables you prefer. You should also buy a choice of fruits. We always have apples, bananas, and strawberries.

You should consider purchasing some Ramen noodles since they're so cheap and would be really helpful on night where neither your fiance or yourself would like to cook.

Canned food should be on the list. I mean, Tuna, Spam, and Canned Chicken. With the tuna, you can make tuna sandwiches, tuna salad, or make Tuna Helper (which would be a change instead of Hamburger helper). With spam, you can fry it and serve with eggs for breakfast, or you can have it on toast with ketchup for lunch. It goes well either way! And, with canned chicken, you can make chicken salad, or fry the chicken with some fried rice (I like to purchase Vittaroz yellow rice for only 99 cents which you can cook in a pot, all you need is water, and cook the canned chicken in a skillet seasoned with one packet sazon seasoning by Goya and when the rice is done, i add the chicken and it's like a perfect hispanic-style meal) or chicken sandwiches.

Also, what about steak? Most men do love steak and I can speak for all women that love steak when I say it's delicious! You should buy some top sirloin (you can season it with a steak marinade and some steak seasoning-i like McCormick, and then don't forget the A1 sauce) that you can fry in a skillet and along side of the steak you can have baked potatoes (which are inexpensive + you can make them in the microwave). And a veggie with that? Steam some fresh broccoli, heat up some canned corn, steam some fresh carrots, or heat up some baked beans, I mean whatever you like!

Ground Beef! There's more that you can do with ground beef other then helper and spaghetti! All you need to do is purchase a Taco Kit and it's cake from there! Just don't forget to buy some sour cream, lettuce, tomato, and shredded sharp cheddar cheese for the tacos! You can also do ground beef with beef gravy and elbow macaroni. Or, you can make sloppy joes. All you need is a can of Manwhich sloppy joe sauce.. they're quite delicious, and not really as sloppy as they sound!

Simple boxed meals would be boxed mashed potatoes, Pasta Sides (by Lipton) or Pasta-Roni (both brands are a dollar!)/Rice Sides or Rice-A-Roni, Macaroni & Cheese (and I prefer macaroni & shells).

I like Pasta.. so I buy different types like Rotini, Fettucine, Ziti, Elbows, Shells, etc and I buy Knorr Pasta Sauces (one packet is only a dollar) and they have so many kind! I love to make the pasta and sometimes I add cooked chicken or veggies like some corn or peas!

Soups! Buy Campbells Hearty soups. I love Sirloin Burger! My mom, on the other hand, prefers Italian Wedding soup.

Salad! You can purchase Dole salad in a bag.. just buy a dressing to go on top and other toppings (like shredded cheese & eggs, so you can hard boil them! and croutons), and you can even add chicken or ham chunks.

Minute Steak. We make our own cheese-steaks with minute steak. You can also cook it and have steak & gravy, with mashed potatoes.

Do you guys like Pork Chops? I love them. I cook them (in a skillet) and serve them with sweet baked beans and sweet potato fries (yeah, I buy the bag. Sometimes I make my own, but I like to buy the frozen bag because it's so much easier).

Also, there are tons of kits. I like the Shrimp Scampi kit!

Oh, and ... I like to buy Sam's Choice Fireside Gourmet Black Angus Burgers. It comes with 6 in a box and they can be microwaved. They are so delicious. I put them on a hamburger bun with ketchup, mayo, mustard, lettuce, onion, and a jewish pickle.

Also, you can spicen up some of your already used to meals.. like grilled cheese.. you can grill that sandwich with a slice of ham, tomato, or turkey breast. With the hotdogs, you can dice them, fry them, and serve with hashbrowns and ketchup. It's quite good.

I also like to have eggs handy because I make my own breakfast sandwhichs. I cook an egg with cheese and bacon bits (or chopped sausage-if it's already cooked and in the fridge) and put it on an onion bagel. It's sooo good.

What about B-L-T's? I love to cook some Oscar Mayer bacon till it is nice and crisp and serve on toasted wheat bread with mayo, lettuce, and tomato. You can also do bacon sandwhiches with ketchup on toast, or along side some eggs!

I make Pasta Salad frequently because the weather is nicer now. I use Rotini noodles, boil them till cooked, then drain and place them in a large mixing bowl. I add a can of stewed tomatoes, chopped onion, chopped scallions, and then a whole bottle of Zesty Italian dressing. Then I add McCormick salad seasoning and place in fridge...allow to cool and serve with burgers, hotdogs, and all that fun BBQ food.

You can make simple chicken parm. Just cook some boneless, skinless chicken breast, and then add some breading and sauce and cheese on top, and place in the oven until the sauce and cheese are cooked onto the breaded chicken and serve with a plate of fettucine noodles and prego pasta sauce.

I like chicken. So I buy chicken wings, drumsticks, chicken breast, etc. Sometimes I serve with spanish rice (arroz amarillo con gandules) or mashed potatoes and corn, it ultimately depends on my mood.

Ah, the list goes on.. but hope that I've helped!!

Pregnant women, do you ever have days where you seriously overeat....?




Lucky


.
I am generally a very careful eater but yesterday I gorged myself!! I ate fast food (which was gross) and then later I ate almost an entire bag of potato chips. Today I feel so bad about myself, physically and emotionally. My unborn child deserves better.

Has anyone else had a terrible eating day, and how do you make up for it?



Answer
I did the same thing yesterday. I had a panini for lunch, then my boss brought me a milkshake as an afternoon pick me up and then for dinner my husband brought home pizza and I had 4 slices!! I felt so bad when I work up this morning.

Today I'm making up for it by eating healthy foods that are not so calorie loaded and drinking EXTRA water to help re-hydrate my body from all the grease yesterday and maybe help flush out my system.

Today I had a ham & cheese breakfast sandwich and then I had a 100 calorie snack pack and pretty soon I will be going to lunch and will eat something light and healthy - like maybe a big bowl of hearty soup or a grilled chicken salad, etc.
For dinner I will make up some chicken with carrots and toss it over a pasta. Today so far I have already had a liter of water and will drink 1 more liter before the end of the day.

Then tomorrow I will wake up and feel balanced again.

That's how I make up for it.




Title Post: Want to go big grocery shopping soon not sure what i should get...?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment