Thursday, May 1, 2014

Lunch Cooler and containers?




mojo


I'm trying to get back in shape. I need to start taking my meals with me to work, I'm looking for some suggestions for a cooler I can use that will keep my food fresh all day. I'll need enough room for about 3 meals and 2 shakes. But, I don't want to look like a goober taking a huge ice chest to work. What are some good container solutions?


Answer
I have at home a Vodka Cruiser soft carry bag esky. It can fit 2 six packs of vodka cruiser bottles in it. They come in different colours (the esky's) and are insulated. You freeze the pocket inside the lid and zip on when you are ready to use. There is a handy strap that can go over your arm like a hand bag. I picked mine up from a novelty gift store and have seen them in quite a few of those stores.
Hope this at least gives you an idea!

How to keep my lunch fresh during the day?

Q. So I like to bring healthy lunches from home because the choices at my school are just...yeah...But most of the time my the lunches I try to bring like wraps and salads, end up squished or bad and gross looking by the time I go to eat them. The only thing that seems to hold up for my is Special K and PB&J and I'm really getting sick of those. So do you have any ideas on how to keep my lunches from spoiling?

P.S. Does anyone know of a thermos that actually works?


Answer
go to any department store in the kitchen gadget area and look for thermos containers.
You can find wide mouth ones that work for any hot or cold foods.
you can also get insulated bags to carry your lunch in.
Construction workers have been carrying lunch for many many years using these same things.
With a cold food thermos, store it in the freezer with the lid off.
In the morning, put your cold pasta or fruit salad in there and it will be icy cold yet at lunch time.
IN one of these you can take any of the following;
tuna or chicken salad for sandwiches
any pasta salad
any fruit salad
beverage
In a Thermos designed for how foods, you simply pour boiling water into the thermos to heat it while you are heating the food. then dump the water, put the hot food in and close. It will stay hot all day.
You can take
soups
stews
hot dishes
sliced meats and gravy
spaghetti and meatballs
what ever interesting left overs you had from last nights supper.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Lunch Cooler and containers?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment