Sunday, September 22, 2013

How long can you reuse a food container before bacteria or mold begins to grow?

insulated lunch bag with containers on ... Pick one Insulated Bento Picnic Lunch Pouch Box Cooler Bag Tote Bags
insulated lunch bag with containers image
Q. Is it harmful and could it cause tiredness and a stuffy head? The container typically has spinach and thousand island dressing in it and is reused for a couple or so days. It is stored in a small insulated lunch bag with an ice pack. If it is unhealthy, why? Is it okay to reuse a container such as one with a tomato and after a few days cut a new tomato and store it in the same container without washing it? The container has been refridgerated.


Answer
sorry but ewww. Why wouldn't you wash it after using it each time? Even just rinsing it in warm water.
I mean every time you take it out and it's not refrigirated it goes bad a bit and gets on the fresh food. Besides, food goes bad in a fridge eventually no matter what.

how long can salad be left at room temperature?




saylor


I'm in college and I have a busy schedule that requires me to pack a lunch and on some days dinner. I'm trying to eat as clean as possible and I really don't want to pack a sandwich everyday. I really like salads and I was just wondering how long they would stay fresh outside a fridge? I'm going to have to keep it in my car for a few hours but I have ice packs in a insulated lunch bag. So, would having a salad sit out for a few hours be okay? I will also put dressing on it but should I stick that it another container or go ahead and pour it on there beforehand? suggestions?


Answer
No longer than two hours at room temperature (41F -135F) because mayonnaise based dressing,dairy products like cheese and even tomatoes are prone to rapid bacteria growth.

Even side from those things. Lettuce wilts and turns brown quickly if not kept sealed and cold. Your salad will also be very soggy if you put the dressing on it hours before. I would store it separate and add once you're going to eat.

*If you have an ice pack with the salad in a very small bag it should be okay. I say in a small bag or small compartment so the ice pack has an easier time of keeping the salad cold for an extended period of time.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How long can you reuse a food container before bacteria or mold begins to grow?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment