Saturday, September 28, 2013

Good school lunch ideas for middle school?

kids lunch bags with thermos on ... Lunch Boxes & Lunch Bags � Thermos Insulated Lunch Box - Multi Sports
kids lunch bags with thermos image



Alyssa


Well my friends would always call my lunch the "dessert". I would always take it as a joke, because I wasn't really concerned about my weight or anything like that. My mom packs my lunch, so she isn't much of a cook so she just throws in a bag of chips, a few strawberries, and a nutty bar. It's kinda our usual thing lol but recently I decided to try jelly and it's AMAZING so I eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches all the time now haha. But my friends still think my lunch is unhealthy. All of my friends' parents pack their kids lunch with fancy, cooked lunches and a small piece of chocolate as their dessert. And also I am a dancer, NOT A RUNNER, so whenever we run in PE they always act concerned about what I'm eating. It's so annoying. I am more of a sprinter, not a long distance runner. I also have a 6 pack! But nooo, abs don't matter, if you can't run a mile in 5 minutes your unhealthy!! Also I remember the last time I ran the mile my friends were talking during lunch and they were all like "Ugh I got 6 minutes on the mile, I am SOO out of shape!" And then after 10 minutes of them complaining later they asked me "What did you get on the mile?" And I replied "10 minutes and (forgot time lol) seconds" and they were all like "Oh.." and looked at each other all weird. I dance 12 hours a week but according to my friends I am out of shape?! I am sick of it and I want them to stop calling my lunch unhealthy. What are some good yet easy yet tasty foods? Haha my mom is lazy about packing lunches and also I want my lunch to taste GOOD, unlike most of my friends' lunches. Thanks!


Answer
Actually, you and your Mom are not that far off the mark. With a few changes, you can make your lunch pleasing, and healthier. But, make no mistake, peanut butter really is not the best substitute for say, an egg, or a couple ounces of baked chicken. But it is good, and filling, and somewhat healthy. diabetics get to have it, so can you. Watch the amount you put on the sandwich, 2 tablespoons is the serving size.

Swap out the white bread on your sandwich to whole wheat bread. And switch the jelly to honey. Yum, honey is packed with good nutrition, and a classmate showed me her PB and H sandwich back in 2nd grade. Love them.
Toss in a banana or an apple, your strawberries are fine if they do not have sugar on them.

Switch out the chips to pretzels, or veggie chips. Or, bring some baked chips and salsa. Salsa has almost ) calories. And it is good for you.

Wraps are great, use your imagination, or copy flavors from the fast food restaurants.

things that are good for you, and taste great, are easy to pack, and are healthy are:
a box of raisins
a package of almonds, or trail mix, or dried peanuts
a fruit cup [just pour fruit cocktail into a tupperware, rather than buy that expensive one at the store
some healthy cookies, like oatmeal raisin
Cheese, like laughing cow, and some healthy crackers. Or a cube of cheddar
carrot sticks
-celery sticks stuffed with peanut butter, or Kraft jar cheese, found in the grocery aisle by the Velveeta. My Dad liked the pimento, rivers liked the Old english. Stick some raisins on the peanut butter, call it "ants on a log."
A boiled egg, or a deviled egg, made with diet mayo. You can't taste that it is diet because of the spices.

Do what Rivers does, and take leftovers from supper to school. a plastic container with a sturdy lid, or a wide mouth thermos would work. Pack things like crackers and bread in plastic, too, so they do not get crunched. So easy, go eat your dinner, let the leftovers cool, and go back and scoop them up into your container and put them in the refrigerator.
cook extra, and have enough for Mom, too for her to take to work. It is no less trouble to cook 4 pork chops, than it is to cook 2.

good luck!

What are some creative lunch box ideas?




Lola


What could i pack in a lunch box that both me and my exreamly picky kid will like?


Answer
When you say picky kid...well what does your kid like?
Make sandwiches, pasta salad, mixed fruits, chicken (fried or sliced or something)
Chicken wraps - add cabbage& carrot mix from the bag, lettuce, tomato
Soup in a thermos
Really it depends I would guess on what your kid will eat.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Good school lunch ideas for middle school?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment