Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Can I carry a can of Ensure past TSA?

insulated lunch bags and boxes on ... Box-With-Insulated-Bag-Tupperware_Best_Lunch__Box_With_Insulated_Bag
insulated lunch bags and boxes image



BOB PHX


I am diabetic, and recently started to take injection medicine that must be kept cold. I have an insulated lunch bag that I keep it in, along with Frozen Gel Packs. I also tell the X-Ray screener what it is, and no problem.

My question is, that I would like to carry a can of Ensure, which is a "meal replacement" when you don't have time to eat, but don't want your blood sugar to drop dangerously. Since it's technically not medicine, I want to know if I can keep a can of it in my lunch bag with my medicine?

IMPORTANT: I would like to hear from OTHERS who have done this, and what the results were. In all due respect, I am not interested in hearing from those who are SPECULATING, unless you are a TSA or Airport Employee.



Answer
I have not tried the Ensure (although that is a good idea) but I have gotten juice boxes through TSA with minimal problems.

Being a type 1, I will not travel without something with me for low sugars, especially now that most airlines do not serve food on domestic flights...at least they don't serve more than a snack and a bag of peanuts doesn't cut it.

TSA questioned me as to why I had juice boxes and graham crackers. I explained I was a diabetic and that it was needed in case I had an insulin reaction. I showed my Medic Alert card and I was allowed through. The juice and crackers was in a small lunch bag that fit into my backpack.

I also had an empty water bottle. The bottle sailed through inspection and I just filled it up at a water fountain near my gate. Easy.

Have a medical alert ID and if possible, a note from your doctor. Diabetics have the right to keep any necessary supplies with them at all times. Assert that right.

EMT

where can I buy an insulated lunch bag or box?




Alma


Does anyone know what store I can find one at?

I need it to store my refrigerated pills for traveling
do you think I could use a thermos?



Answer
Walmart, Target, Kroger, Walgreens, Dollar stores.
I don't think a thermos will work, they have to be filled with either hot or cold liquid.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I carry a can of Ensure past TSA?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment