Wednesday, September 25, 2013

What are some vegetarian foods that i can pack for my school lunch?

lunch bags for baby on Angry birds Space White Foil Insulated Lunch Bag
lunch bags for baby image



iyou


i need some ideas for vegetarian foods i can bring to school for lunch, since i bring my lunch. i dont really have any good ideas. ill probably be drinking water every day (we can recycle the water bottles at my school), unless u people know some drinks that would be easy to pack? and my lunch box is pretty big, so, yea. i dont have that big of an appetite either.
THANX!



Answer
"Baby carrots" come peeled and washed and packaged in plastic just put 4 or 5 in a "snack bag" and you have a good start. Apple (most apples are larger than you might like, just cut one in half and wrap in plastic wrap. Use your knife to cut off the exposed part and then cut the rest into bite sized bits. Use a plastic knife with care so it does not break in your hand. A banana is good also of course orange or tangerine. You might read labels on energy drinks to find one that is low in sugar and calories..I do not have any experience with these and there are so many on the market. Low fat cheese once a week would be a change of pace. I will ask at the garden site for foods that can be eaten "raw". Have a great year at school.

OK I have asked around.. use a plastic bowl with a tight fitting lid...see if you can get one that will fit in your lunch box.
make a salad with any salad "fixins" that you like... the problem is to keep it fresh.. get some of the plastic ice cubes that can be frozen but will not melt (they are reuseable) put some inside the plastic bowl. Dressing is a problem.. maybe you can get some packets at a restaurant supply place or put a small amount in a plastic container. remember to take a plastic fork or maybe you can get a "spork" at your school.
You may need to practice this a couple of time to get everything just right. Good luck Remember a weekly binge is not bad as long as you keep the portions "small"

Can you feed breast milk to baby even if you have to work full time?




C.C


Probably sounds dumb lol but I'm new. I want my baby to have breast milk but I will need to return to work shortly after she's born. I don't even know how to begin. Can you pump and save it in a fridge? How do you do it, keep a big vat or fill lots of bottles? Are pumps expensive?


Answer
I work full time and nurse exclusively.

You will need:
1. Double Electric pump, like a Medela or an Ameda (I use the Ameda Purely Yours, which was about $150 on sale.) Even an expensive pump is cheaper than formula.

2. You will pump for about 10-20 minutes every time baby is supposed to eat while you're gone. So if baby eats at 10:30, and at 1:00, plan on spending about 15 minutes at 10:20 and then 15 minutes at 1:00. It's best to try to stay on the same schedule as baby if you can help it. Use your breaks. Some states require employers to provide you with space (NOT a bathroom) and time to pump.

3. I pumped in the morning before I left, pumping one side while nursing the baby on the other, you let down a lot while doing that since it's tricking the pump.
4. How close can you keep baby? I made it so that I could go feed baby during lunch time so that I would limit the time I spent away from her.
5. YOU never offer a bottle, only the caregiver. From you, it should always be from the pump.
6. Get the breastmilk storage bags. Everything that you pump can be stored in the storage bags and frozen along with the amount and the date.
7. Your caregiver can defrost the bag to feed the baby.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What are some vegetarian foods that i can pack for my school lunch?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment