Thursday, December 26, 2013

How can I "brown bag" a lunch in a professional office?

best insulated lunch bags for women on Girls Insulated Cooler Bags: Baby Bottle Bags, Food Totes & Lunch ...
best insulated lunch bags for women image



~ Jamie ~


To save money, I'd like to pack a lunch and bring snacks with me to my job. Years ago, I would just throw food into a plastic grocery bag. I have a higher level position now, and don't want to bring anything tacky. The brown paper "lunch" bags are not large enough. How does everyone else bring their lunches? Is there a streamlined, insulated bag that is plain and professional looking?


Answer
I've seen a lot of women put lunch, drinks, snacks, etc in gift bags and take it to work.

Are there any alternatives to having a screw top bottle.?




WWE Foreve


I recently went to my school and they said that screw top bottles are not allowed. Which most of thermos and bottles have screw tops. Does anyone have any ideas of what I should use instead of screw top bottles. I really like to keep foods hot and drinks cold. I would like it if someone could find bottles or thermoses without screw tops. I would really appreciate that!
Thanks!



Answer
That limits the options quite a bit. Some models I can suggest are:

For FOOD:

Option 1: Zojirushi type thermos bento lunch jars.

http://www.zappos.com/zojirushi-classic-bento-vacuum-lunch-jar-ultra-black?channel=126&si7757425=&mr:referralID=NA&mr:trackingCode=138A9AB8-71EE-DF11-8F9A-001B2163195C

The top 2 inner containers have plastic lids but the bottom one has a screw lid. The screw lid is the smallest container so you may be able to do without.

-- edit: I just realised the middle, large one is also a screw top (only a quarter turn). But you can still look through their range to find a non-screw top combination. --end edit

It does keep food warm/hot but you need to prep them first (putting very hot water in, then removing them before putting your foods that you want to keep hot).

The outer container is double-walled. All these items come in an insulated bag with eating implements (which vary depending on the model you buy). There are different configurations, colors and sizes that you can choose from.

I have two of these (similar to those in the above website but with gold-colored bags) and they do keep food reasonably warm/hot. Zojirushi often change the color scheme and bag designs.

Other versions (targeted at girls/women):
http://www.casa.com/p/zojirushi-mini-bento-stainless-lunch-jar-white-273582


Option 2: Heated thermos (Fuloon thermos lunch jar)

This has a power supply to warm your food at work/school (if you have access to power). I do not have this, so cannot give you an evaluation. It does look very useful though.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fuloon-Stainless-Thermal-Layers-Design/dp/B007PN2Z9E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342339770&sr=8-1


For WATER/DRINKS (non-fizzy):

If you only want them cold, you can get Tupperware tumblers called Handoliers or Thirstbreak Tumblers with plastic lids like this:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dgarden&field-keywords=handolier

http://www.amazon.com/Set-Tupperware-Tumblers-Seals-Colors/dp/B004FDDVZE/ref=sr_1_23?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1342341109&sr=1-23&keywords=tumblers++tupperware

You really need insulation through the use of an insulation bag: keeps the cold and condensation droplets in.

You can also add reuseable ice to your tumbler; these do not dilute your drink and is ... reuseable.

Other accessories: ice pucks.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How can I "brown bag" a lunch in a professional office?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment