Wednesday, December 25, 2013

How to dress and do hair for a job interview?

stylish lunch bags women on Stylish Insulated Lunch Bags ,For Sale,Prices,Manufacturers,Suppliers ...
stylish lunch bags women image



jenewalk


Tomorrow I have a job interview for a "guest services associate" position at a high-end salon. This would basically include working the front desk, aiding clients, being knowledgeable on the products and services, etc.

As for what to wear, I'm torn between:

a) black pants, heels, a more modern stylish shirt, and a modern stylish black sweater on top of it--the kind you tie across your stomach, & "chunky" and modern but not overstated jewelry.

b) more traditional look with black pants, black suit jacket, tucked in button up collared shirt, heels, and more simple muted jewelry (like silver earrings and small necklace or bracelet).


Additionally, I am extremely unsure how to do my hair! I have very thick, somewhat coarse, dark brown hair. I usually wear it down, but I feel putting it up or curling it might be better for the interview. The problem is that my hair can be pulled into a ponytail, but is so thick it always looks poofy and my "bangs" (aka shorter hair that is layered around my face) cannot be put into the pony since they aren't long enough. I always seem to have pieces falling out, hair poofing or frizzing. Plus, intense humidity and heat is going on right now! To put it kindly, even my hair dresser is afraid of my hair and said it was a nightmare putting it up and keeping it up for my wedding.

HELP!



Answer
Don't try to do something you haven't done before and perfected... i.e. don't go trying new makeup or hair styles tomorrow because you are more likely to screw it up than to get it perfect the first or second try.

I would do the "Traditional" road with the dress but add the "Modern but not overstated Jewelry" to the traditional outfit to give it modern flair.

But the most important thing between now and then is to CALM DOWN.

If you go in there flustered, you will come off as flighty and your speech will seem forced and your cadence will be all off.

Unfortunately, it is the people that do good at the interview but suck at the job that actually get the good jobs because they come off as smooth at the interview stage.

Oh, and DO NOT bring your own coffee or your Hello Kitty Purse, etc. I know it sounds obvious but my aunt works international HR and she is shocked at what Americans come in to an interview with.

Bring a muted purse that contains:
1. Wallet
2. Small Notebook/Pen with anything you want to remember to ask written in it and to use to write notes while being interviewed. (Pay, benefits, any employee rules, dress code, etc.) Again, nothing Hello Kitty or Bratz or Goth or with the BDSM Flag on it... PROFESSIONAL.
3. Your cellphone, which you will shut off as you walk in the door and replace in your purse.
4. Resume or application or whatever else they requested which will be in some sort of folder or envelope to keep it from being messed up in the bag.
5. Small Cosmetics Case.

That's it... No water bottle. No Lunch. No magazines. An iPod or other small device is ok as long as it stays out of sight.

Oh, and no neon nail polish... Colors are fine just make sure they don't scream "HIGHSCHOOL!"

Go with a smooth, modern look with a professional bearing and CONFIDENCE. Combine the "Traditional" with the "Modern" look to show off that you are responsible but have flair.

Oh, and no "Mom picking me up" or waiting out side... Or, heaven forbid, have her call after the interview and tell the person why they should hire you. My aunt actually had 28 year old applicants bring their parents with and even had a woman call her and yell at her about how she "Didn't get to know her son" and should reconsider the application.

OH! And something REALLY REALLY important!

NO perfume. NO heavily scented body lotions. If you must wear anything, make sure it is as neutral as possible. What smells good to you may turn off an employer and some people are subconsciously turned off by scents...

Make sure you shake the interviewers hand when you introduce yourself too. A touch ingrains you with people.

Help!!!! I'm scared of going into Middle School!!!?




Emily Bish


I'm going into Middle School next year! I know its like early to be thinking about Middle School now but I'm just sooo scared! In my Middle School theres no lockers so I'm gonna need a big backpack I know my mom wont let me have a tote bag so cross that off and I cant wear makeup I went on my middle schools website and found the what to bring on the first day of school list I need a 2 inch binder 7 dividers pen-blue or black ink a pencil and lots of loose leaf paper. I know it says that u need that but i dont know if i should bring more Hardly anyone from my elementary school is going to my middle school there all going to the other middle school. And should I bring a lunch or buy a lunch I dont really like the school lunches there and in my elementary school i ALWAYS bought lunch Ive heard that there is a lot of fighting in the bathrooms. What if i really need to go? Ive heard that some bully put a girls head in the toilet and that when this girl walked into the bathroom someone punched her and she had to go to the hospital to operate her head. and how should i lose some weight i think im overweighted way too much. and should i join clubs? if i do what clubs should i join?!?!?! Please answer!!! Im terrified of Middle School!!!! I even tried talking to my Best Friend she gave me a few tips about my Middle School cuz she goes there too!!!


Answer
Ok hon first of all you need to take a moment and breath. Yes it can be scary and intimidating to go to Middle School but you're working yourself into a panic attack.

Now that you've, hopefully, taken a breather I'm not going to sugar coat it but middle school isn't the greatest. Then again the public school experience isnt that great anyway. But just because that's true doesnt mean that your experience will be like that. The life experiences you have are what YOU make them.

Yes not having a locker can be extremely hard to deal with since you have to carry your books around in a bacl pack. To ease the weight of your back pack though you could try carrying the books you need for the class your going to in your hands. For example if your going to English class you can carry you notebook, binder, textbook, and have a pen and pencil in your pocket. That should help a little.

In terms of wearing makeup. Forget wearing it at all. Most of the girls in middle school who wear makeup don't even know how to properly put it on so they look like a bunch of clowns or tramps. And plus at this age thereâs no need to wear it. You can make yourself look great just by a great head of clean and combed hair, a fresh face, neat and stylish clothes, and a beautiful smile. Go to the sites I suggested, this should help a lot with beauty. http://www.azteenmagazine.com/beauty.php?article=286, http://www.makeupfiles.com/2009/01/14/5-ways-to-look-more-beautiful-without-makeup/, http://teenadvice.ygoy.com/how-to-look-great-without-makeup/.
In terms of not having many friends from your elementary school, again not going to lie this is hard. Itâs difficult to make friends on the first day but once you start all your classes youâll make friends quickly. So donât worry, everyone needs friends and they usually make them on the first day. But be fare warned make good friendships not ones that will make you popular because guaranteed those girls will ditch you faster than you can say peanuts.
Buying lunch or not buying lunch. It really depends on the food. From my experience cafeteria food is ok but usually looks like something thatâs either been sitting there for two years or has been growing in a chemical waste facility. I would suggest bringing your own lunch because you can have whatever you want and its actually good and fresh for you. If you want to buy at the cafeteria thatâs fine just choose carefully. If it looks like the pizza is made of cardboard then itâs probably not any better than cardboard.
As for the fights in the bathroom, talk to teacher preferably a woman because she might understand more than a guy teacher would. Usually there isnât any fights but just to be on the safe side talk to your teacher about how you feel about the whole thing.
For losing weight I will suggest only two very simple things. Pick water over soda ever day and have a healthy portion size. Also pace yourself and take your time eating, no matter how long lunch period is. I say this because when you shovel your food in, you will always be hungry after since your body hasnât caught up with you to tell you that its full. Iâve done this and Iâve lost 30 pounds. I use to weight 176 and now I weight 155. Itâs a great help because youâre just eating properly not stuffing yourself. So for example if you have a large pizza, eat it slowly with a drink of water between every two bites. When youâre half way through the pizza stop eating and listen to your stomach. See if youâre full or not. Most people donât listen to what their stomach is saying and thatâs how they gain weight.
As for clubs, is it something you want to do or not. Clubs are just extracurricular activities. They usually have art club, theater club, creative writing club etc. Theyâre all fun and I would suggest doing one but its all up to you if you really want to do one or not.
I hope this helps! I wish you luck on middle school and hope it all goes well! Remember life experiences such as middle school are what you make them.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to dress and do hair for a job interview?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment