Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Is government going too far? Can you cook and decide what to eat?




Goin'


_______GOV TAX DOLLARS USED TO EVAL_____
________ WHAT YOU and YOUR KIDS EAT_______

Should BIG GOV look inside your kids lunch bag? Or give them food they want them to eat?

SEE ARTICLE BELOW
Parents go to state representative about gov looking into school lunch bags.

1) Should gov look into your kids lunch bag? ______

2) Should gov decide or evaluate food inside
homemade lunches? ______

3) Should gov give kids food - including milk or meat - if they think that the child needs that even if a family is vegans and give their child a meat/milk alternative? ______


4) Do you think government is intruding? ________

5) Do you think there should be public schools for different needs such as Liberty schools that teach self-reliance and dependency/gov intervention schools? _____

6) Do you want your kids lunch bag to be reviewed to see if it meets FDA stds?___

NEWS SOURCE:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2101354/Food-police-reject-preschoolers-homemade-lunch--favour-chicken-nuggets.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
local news sources include, but are not limited to:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/15/school-lunch-guidelines-p_n_1278803.html

ABCNEWS: http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=8544298
LOCAL NEWS SOURCE: http://www.carolinajournal.com/exclusives/homemade-lunch-replaced-with-cafeteria-nuggets.html
The girl's turkey and cheese sandwich, banana, potato chips, and apple juice did not meet U.S. Department of Agriculture guidelines, according to the interpretation of the agent who was inspecting all lunch boxes in her More at Four classroom that day.

The Division of Child Development and Early Education at the Department of Health and Human Services requires all lunches served in pre-kindergarten programs - including in-home day care centers - to meet USDA guidelines.



Answer
The government can kiss my ass if it thinks it will decide what my family eats.

Help review and edit my story? NEED HELP NOW PLEASE!!! DUE TOMORROW!?




iveyrenee


This is my creative story for english & I need help editing it and what do you think about it? Please read all of it and tellme what you think PLEASE&THANKS!!

When the dismissal bell rang, I didnât rush. Why should I? Iâm not in a hurry and no oneâs waiting on me, except for maybe my brother. Iâm Mackenzie Woods, I live in New York City, and Iâm 15, almost old enough to drive, not that Iâll get a car when I do. Josh is my only brother, heâs 18, and he has his license but no car. My mom and dad, John and Elizabeth Woods disagree about everything.
Here comes my brother now, soon weâll be off on our 3 mile walk back home, in the freezing cold. âAre you ready to go?â He asked me as he walked up. âI guess so, are you?â I said as I grabbed the couple things I needed out of my locker. âAlright, letâs go.â He told me and I quickly packed up my bag, and picked it up.
As we walked, we talked about how our day was, and what weâre going to do tomorrow. We walk home because the buses take too long, my brother doesnât have a car, and we donât have much money.
Lots of my friends argue with their siblings, but we donât. I guess itâs because we get tired of hearing our parents do it.
Before I even walked through the door, I could tell they had been arguing. I could just feel it in the air. Sure enough as soon as I opened the door I heard yelling from the kitchen.
âNo, I will not allow my children to live here anymore.â Mom yelled. âWell, theyâre my kids too, so I think I should have a say in this too, shouldnât I?â Dad yelled back even louder. We walked quietly by the kitchen, not that they would have heard us if we weâre.
When I was finally upstairs locked in my room I quickly did my homework, and then went to take a shower. When I was through, I listened, but didnât hear anymore yelling.
Deciding it was safe, I went downstairs, and made myself two peanut butter sandwiches. I didnât see my parents but you could tell where they had been, things broken and on the floor, probably from being thrown.
âSomeoneâs hungry.â Everything inside of me died just then, knowing it was my dad. âYes, I am hungry since I didnât eat lunch today because I didnât have any money.â I said to him quietly. âWell, just donât eat everything, because I have to eat too.â That was my dad, always thinking only of himself. âOf course I wonât, I donât eat as much as some people do.â I said defensively. âAre you calling me fat?â He raised his voice a little. âI am not fat; I think you are the one that needs to lose a few pounds yourself!â He said, yelling so loud, the neighbors could probably hear him.
That was all it took, I burst out in tears and went running out of the house. Why would he say that? He knows how I was with anorexia. Eventually, I ran out of breath and I was in the park so I went over to one of the kid swings and sat down. There was no one there but me, and why would there be considering its November and itâs freezing cold.
I sat there for a while crying, I donât know how long, and then I saw someoneâs feet. They were just standing there right there in front of me, like they were watching me. When I looked up, I saw that there was a guy standing there looking at me.
âOh, hi, I saw you over here and it looked like something was wrong.â He said when he noticed I looked up. âYes, I need help but I donât think your going to be able to help me.â I said and sighed sadly. âWhat if I just sit here while you tell me whatâs going on and Iâll just listen?â He asked. I said yes, because I really needed someone to talk to.
We sat there, and talked for a while, and I realized it was getting dark and I probably need to be home soon, so I mentioned this. âYes, it is getting a little dark; maybe we should get you back home.â He said sadly. âNot like I want to go back there, but thereâs nowhere else I can go.â I said as I tried to clean my face up. We talked a few more minutes, and then we started to walk back to my house. Before we got there, he gave me a piece of paper and told me to call him anytime I needed to talk. He said âSee you at school tomorrow.â, and left.
As soon as I closed the door, my mom was there beside me. âWhere have you been?â She screams at me. âI was at the park.â I tried to answer calmly. âWho gave you permission to go?â she yelled at me again. âNo one did, I just went because I felt like it.â After I said that I walked out and went upstairs, while she yelled at me the entire time.
I could still hear her yelling, but I knew she would give up in a few minutes, because she doesnât really care and I know she wonât come upstairs. I grabbed the phone out of my dadâs office and went to my brotherâs room. âWe have to call Aunt _____ and see if we can move in with her, I canât live here anymore.â I told my brother. We called and she agreed that we should move in with her.
The next morning quickly got ready, digging through the piles of clothes to find something to wear. (I'm going to add the rest of the story)
After I finished getting ready, I grabbed my old backpack and threw the things I would need at my auntâs house. After I finished I went downstairs and Josh was already there so we left quietly before our parents woke up.
After school was over, we walked outside and there was Aunt __needs a name___ waiting in her car for us. She told us that we are moving in with her permanently. Thatâs when I knew my life was going to get a whole lot better.

Thank you also, I need a name for the aunt please!! (:



Answer
This is great! Hurry up & add more, I want to read the rest!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is government going too far? Can you cook and decide what to eat?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment