Wednesday, August 7, 2013

How long can I store unfrosted cupcakes before they go bad? Do I freeze them?

kids lunch bag containers on Insulated Lunch Boxes
kids lunch bag containers image



dottiesunf


I plan to make cupcakes during the weekend and share them with my colleagues on Wednesday. I'm frosting them on Tuesday, can any one recommend how do I store the cupcakes so that they stay fresh, before AND after the frosting? Do I need to put them in the fridge or just store them on the counter in an airtight container?


Answer
Ok, yes you can freeze frosted or unfrosted. When I was young my mom would make cupcakes, frost them and then freeze them. After they have been frozen my mom would pull them out and wrap them individually in wax paper and then put them into a zip lock bag. I would then take them out one at a time as I needed them. By the time I ate lunch at school my cupcake was thawed out. Now since you are not keeping them and serving them individually I would suggest and this is what I do for my kids at school. I went and bought those zip lock or glad ware containers that are the rectangular but deep size. After the cupcakes have cooled, put them in these containers and put them in the fridge or freezer. Freezing them will keep them just a bit fresher. On Tuesday when you get home from school pull them out of the freezer and full them out of the container. Frost them and then put them back in the container side by side. This will prevent them from falling over and damaging the frosting. Put them in the fridge over night, this will help the frosting set too. When you get to work the next day let the container sit open slightly so that as they are coming to room temp to serve, they do not get any condensation built up on them. Good luck and enjoy...

How do vegetarians find the time and money?




ash


I have wanted to become vegetarian for awhile but I'm in college so I'm at work or at school ALL DAY even on weekends so it's hard for me to find time to cook let alone constantly have fresh veggies all the time. Plus I'm a poor college kid so my question is how do you do it? Any books or tips from you pros? Thanks!


Answer
I actually save money being a vegetarian. The easiest thing I have found is to get a few left over containers. Once or twice a week prepare a few meals and place them in the containers. This way you simply pull a container out for lunch or dinner and heat it up. Buying veggies and fruit from farmers markets is much cheaper and buying from farms is even cheaper. If you can but from a farm and freeze certain foods it saves money. For example, I picked five pounds of blueberries and after three days I froze what was left. They lasted longer but freeze well so I will have blueberries for quite some time. You can also mix veggies in a ziploc bag or even add in some sauces and make your own frozen meals that you can microwave. You can even make a few days worth of frozen dinners in one day although it's cheaper to use freezable containers since you can reuse them. It's also better for the environment. You can also learn to make your own soy, almond, or rice milk if you want. You can normally make about 4 gallons of soy milk for less than $3 and it doesn't take long.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How long can I store unfrosted cupcakes before they go bad? Do I freeze them?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment