Monday, November 11, 2013

I am STRUGGLING to chose a breast pump! PLEASE HELP!?

lunch bags for women walmart on ... lunch for grades K-4, and $1.35 breakfast and $2.40 lunch for grades 5
lunch bags for women walmart image



kapura


Manual/electric/single/dual pump! I dont care! I have no experience with babies, so my only source of knowledge is through the internet.
I went to Walmart and found about 3-5 options of each kind to chose from. Each of them with their own sales pitch, making me panic when the other doesn't offer what I just read. Wound up leaving because I realized how much I didn't know.
I believe that this will be the most crucial purchase that I will be making due to the amount of use and how much a good one will ease an already too hectic situation...SO, I am willing to spend what I need to to get the job done right. BUT! I am a 24 year old single mother, where money IS an object! So I would love to be reasonable.


Most important factor***
Since I am not qualified yet for FMLA, I must return to work 6 weeks after delivery. I work 11 hour days with a long drive to and from. I need a pump that is reasonable for me to be taking to work and pumping on my breaks. Whether that means I should have a manual for work& an electric for home, I don't know.

1. Please let me know of your experience with breast pumps, brands, and if you have a moment- a link or model number/type that I can look up online.

2. Please let me know of your experience pumping at work. What kind of breast pump, storage, or if you wound up pumping& disposing.

Sorry for the essay- thanks for any input you have!!!



Answer
The three most popular high-quality brands of pump are: Ameda, Medela, and Hygeia. Medela tends to get the highest user reviews, but it's also known to have bad customer service if something breaks. Ameda has better customer service usually. The thing with that brand is that it offers you a speed-dial which actually isn't helpful. If you go with that brand, tip: Just turn the speed dial up all the way and leave it there; only change the suction setting. Hygeia is similar to Ameda. What Hygeia and Medela have that Medela don't is easier cleaning of the parts.

All of those brands come in kits that include storage bags with freezer packs so that you can store the milk you pump and take it home from work with you. Or you can just take an extra lunch bag with ice packs in it, or in a lunch bag to put in the work fridge till the end of the day.

You're definitely going to want a double electric. Going single and/or manual would take SO LONG. You can also buy hands-free pumping bras that hold the flanges to your breasts while you do something else, like surf the web on your laptop (what I'm doing now while pumping). Or, you can just cut holes in a sports bra for the same function (cheaper).

Since you're going to be relying on pumping so much and so soon, you might want to check into renting a hospital grade pump instead of buying your own. A hospital grade is more effective.

Also, in case you didn't know, all insurance carriers in the U.S. are now REQUIRED to provide a breast pump of some type to their customers. However, most insurances will only pay for a single manual pump-- which is a joke for someone who's planning to pump at work. All a single manual is good for is for a SAHM to relieve a little pressure or pump a bottle or two for a babysitter. Still, it's worth checking with your insurance provider to see what they'll cover, just in case yours covers a double electric at all.

As for actually pumping: Your body will take a little time getting used to responding to the pump. So if your first several sessions don't get very much milk, don't freak out and don't give up. Just stick with it. It's best to do something mindless while you pump, and it will all sort itself out. Don't start pumping right away after your baby is born-- wait until the engorgement goes down. But once the engorgement is down, you can go ahead and start pumping at home some to start building up a little stock to get him started at daycare.

Good luck!

P.S. Walmart isn't exactly a specialized dealer and they don't carry all the best brands or options.

ADD/EDIT: A lot of women find a way to pump in the car if you have a long commute. Get a model with a car-charger adapter, get a cover or blanket that you can throw over everything while you drive, and there you go. ;)

Would women accept guys that wear thongs?




NONAME


I wear something that considered gay to wear. I am in high school. Most people from the other sex wear them, but they are made for guys also. Is it bad for a guy to wear thongs? They are very comfortable and supportive than any other underwear. Will people make fun of me if they accidentally see them? Is it unusual for a guy to wear?I have questioned my sex orientation also. I feel attracted to a random muscular black basketball player at lunch. If i am bi, can i get out on facebook without telling people? I want to real bad.Is it bad to watch videos that have men in thongs and speedos? I already told my mom that i wear thongs. Her opinion that most high school guys don't wear them and she laughed in the beginning. She ask me why i want to wear them. They are cozy and supportive and it is my body. She accepted it. she bought me some speedos later on, but i denied it. Why does she want me to wear something different. Is she holding her true feelings back . Why are they made anyway to don't be worn? I told her because i don't know how to do laundry so she could wash them. I told her to don't tell my dad and she agreed. I think she told him anyway. He called me speedo on purpose several days when i told my mom I have older brothers that lives with us.I wonder what they think if they figure out that i wear thongs? Is it bad to want to sag them for people to see? I sag them when i got something from the vending machine in the mornings at school. Their was a lot of girls there also. I bend over to let them see what i am wearing. Five minutes later a pass that machine and the girls said its him. I did it with a different group of girls and they just laughed when i left. I even sag these at walmart for people to see. My friends in the library saw that i sag thongs and the friend that was a guy said you wear thongs.. speedos... model in them man! I guess he likes them so that is good. The friend that was a girl who was there said " man thongs?" I guess she think it is semi hot so. several days ago, i was waiting for the school doors to open in the morning. their is a handful amount of people that was waiting their. When the doors open, i grab my bag and rise my back. They saw my thong i bet because when i got into the door, i herd a girl talking to her friend "disguesting" are they talking about the thongs?I think they are pretty amazing. I be friended my crush on facebook also. He is a pretty sweet guy. How can i talk to him? He does not know me. Like what would you do if you see a random person jogging around the park and you saw him in a red thong on and a short sleevless shirt? Why do they get made fun of like the testicale vesticale, the banana hammock, bungie spunglers, and marble bags?


Answer
what the fffffffff are you gay or hiding ya gay ways I mean dang what the hell is happening out here now first sagging like in jail homo's then the pants like half cuts that women wear then tights I mean guys are wearing everything gay guys wear now dangg so there is more gay then true straights out here better watch ma back more often now




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I am STRUGGLING to chose a breast pump! PLEASE HELP!?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment