Tuesday, November 12, 2013

How can I keep a salad fresh until lunch time?

insulated lunch bag built on Built Gourmet Getaway, Large Insulated Lunch Bag, Style... | Shop ...
insulated lunch bag built image



Wolfsoul


I plan to start taking salads to work for lunch (Yay healthy stuff) but I'm worried it might wilt or go bad before I get to eat it. We have a fridge at work so as soon as I get in the building it's going there. Will that be fine or are there extra things I should do to make sure it doesn't taste like crap?


Answer
I often brought salad for lunch. Dry your rinsed greens and pack them separately in a Ziploc bag or container. Add a piece of paper towel to absorb moisture. Pack your wet ingredients like tomatoes separately. Onions, radishes, cucumber can be packed together in a separate Ziploc bag or plastic container. If adding canned fish, leftover chicken or meat or store bought cold cuts or hard boiled eggs, pack them separately. You can also keep a can opener in your desk and bring 3 oz. cans of canned tuna or salmon to top your salad. Pack salad dressings separately or keep a bottle or 2 of your favorite dressing in the fridge if their is room. If your commute is over 30 minutes, pack your salad Ziplocs and/or plastic containers in an insulated bag. Keep a fork, knife and bowl in your desk or use plastic. You just dump your ingredients into the bowl when you are ready to eat and you can prepare and pack all the ingredients the night before.

What kind of lunchbox should I use in highschool?




Pink Eleph


I'm going to be a freshman in highschool this year and I'm wondering what kind of lunchbox I should use. I bring my own salad to school everyday in one of these things that squirt out the dressing and I have to bring it home everday to be washed because its reusable, so I can't bring a paper bag. I also don't want to waste the paper from paper bags when I can just reuse a lunchbox everyday, see the point? So I'm wondering if i should just use a lunchbox that looks similiar to this
http://www.impression.ca/images/product_images/Large/BL007_Insulated_LunchBag_Handle.jpg
with nicer handles, no print on the front and no bottom like that of course. I thought it would be better to use a lunchbox like that cuz it looks like the kind I've had for years and I'm just using a lunchbox instead of a paperbag.
At our school our 9th grade is in a different building than grades 10-12 so if you think it makes it matter less if I use a lunchbox or not...tell me.



Answer
As a just graduated senior, and a victim of my mother's salads-to-go, I understand your pain. Are there other options for you besides salads, because if so, maybe just take a simple turkey sandwhich and apple to school in a paperbag. I wouldn't suggest taking a lunchbox to school, even if it looks like a paperbag. Another option is a plastic bag, so you can reuse it. Or, if you aren't health consicous or anything, maybe buy your lunch at school once a week...




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How can I keep a salad fresh until lunch time?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment