Friday, December 20, 2013

What kind of foods to sent with 2 year old at daycare?

lunch bag for daycare on Preschooler with Lunch
lunch bag for daycare image



Anna W


My daughter is turning 3 in September. The new day care she is attending ask that I supply food for her. I've thought about frozen waffles, carrots, juice boxes, ham, bread. What kinds of things should I send?


Answer
I would send a bag of individually wrapped carrots, apples, or applesauce, and bananas at the beginning of the week, as well as a large box of crackers/wheat thins/goldfish for snacks. My daughter especially likes yogurt, but rather than buying the little individual sugary cups, I buy a large tub of plain yogurt and add berries or spices to make different flavors and package them in reusable individual sized tupperware. Those things I consider "staples" and send in large quantities and the daycare lets me know when they're running low or I send once for the whole week.

My kids both like oatmeal, so I premeasure out oatmeal for her to make it easier for the daycare worker and send a package of frozen blueberreis to add for her breakfasts. I also make large batches of healthy muffins on the weekend that I can send in for breakfasts with sausage and fruit.

For lunches, I pack leftovers from dinner the night before and bring them in tupperware daily. If we don't have enough, I usually send a hummus sandwich and/or a hearty soup.

Cold Bag Lunch ideas for a toddler for daycare?




Heebiegbee


Now that I have to pack my 2.5 year olds lunch for daycare I need ideas. No they can't heat anything up. I need snack ideas too.
Thanks.



Answer
I've been doing the same thing for 2 years! I pack a sandwich every day (lunchmeat, PB&J, tuna salad, chicken salad, etc), then she gets a few of the following snacks:

Veggies:
carrot sticks & ranch
celery sticks & peanut butter
canned grean beans or carrots (she actually eats them!)

Fruit:
Fresh fruit when possible (plums, bananas, apples, peaches, grapes)
canned fruit cups

Dairy:
Go-gurt (yogurt in a plastic sleeve)
cheese sticks

Other:
dry cheerios
raisins
dried fruit (cranberries, cherries, etc)
granola bars
a little cup of salad
applesauce

I have small freezer packs that I put in her lunch box to keep things cool.

I always pack milk in a thermos, and when she finishes her milk they give her water.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What kind of foods to sent with 2 year old at daycare?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment