Friday, January 24, 2014

what can i take for my school lunch?

lunch bags for hot and cold food on Built NY Neoprene Lunch Bag (Image courtesy Magellan's)
lunch bags for hot and cold food image



tweety gir


theres about 2000 or more kids in my new high school and i have the last lunch so not only does the food suck when i get there but im usually way back in the line because my previous class is so far away from the cafeteria and i dont have time to eat anything. i was thinking i could take my own lunch but i need some variety. the only thing i can really think of is a home made sub sandwich and i cant think of anything else to go with it(i dont really want chips), any other ideas for lunches? also does anyone know of a good type/brand of lunch box or something that can keep hot food hot and cold food cold?
oh, and can we be mature about this?



Answer
Sandwiches are the easiest, and there are about a million different varieties to make. Cold pasta is also really good for lunch. You can also take salads or soups, depending on the weather. Invest in a good thermos, they are soo handy for soup, hot chocolate, hot water, etc. Take a lot of veggies, they are good for you and its better to snack on them than chips or snack foods. Try dried fruits and trail mix. Load up on fresh fruits too. I use an insulated bag that keeps everything the proper temperature.

Have any lunch ideas for people who work outside?




Bonnie Ste


I'm looking for lunch on the go ideas for workers with no microwave, or table. Workers in areas such as construction, landscaping, trucking, etc.... Any help appreciated.


Answer
You did not describe the scenario. I am assuming you are feeding men who work for you or you want to bring and sell food at job sites. If you want to sell at job sites make sure you are properly incensed to do so and have board of heath approval for your kitchen. I had a small landscaping business for 10 years. I had 2 foremen and 2 full time laborers. When I needed extra man power I hired day labor from a local agency. I always fed my guys lunch. I had a large water cooler on the truck. I also had an ice chest with Gator Aid or Power Aid, and sandwich fixings - sliced meat, cheese, mayonnaise and mustard. A loaf of bread and individual bags of chips. Some times I made tuna or chicken salad for sandwiches. On the last day of the job I would bring a cold shrimp pasta salad. In the winter I had had thermos bottles so each man could have a small cup of hot soup or chili with the sandwich - served in a Solo cup about 1/2 full. Laborers need carbs and fats to keep their energy up. I never had soft drinks or caffeine drinks on the job site. I treated my guys well and in general they worked well. There was always the lazy odd ball that I drove back to the agency at lunch time and refused to pay the agency. After a couple of times the agency took care to send me men who were actually willing to work. I had no use for warm bodies.. Hard workers require fuel so allow for at least 2 sandwiches and 2 individual bags of chips per man. I shopped at Sam's Club where I could buy in bulk.

Good luck




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: what can i take for my school lunch?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment